» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any audiophiles out there? Probably not too many, this is a young crowd...but maybe I can start something up. I have a suspicion that maybe MetalSkin is.

My setup:

Source:
    iPod photo

Headphones:
    Shure E2c's and Grado SR-60's

No amps or anything like that, I'm not a huge audiophile.

If you have a spare $70 do yourself a favor and order a pair of Grado's or at least go to a local music store and have a listen. After hearing them you'll never be able to force yourself to listen to those stock iPod earbuds ever again. The e2c's are alittle better IMO beacuse of the issolation, but their also $120 so...meh.
    Resident father figure.

Hmm, I have an iPod 20 gig, the older one. got it when they still cost an arm and a leg, now they're a lot cheaper....

got a pair of sony headphones, the street style ones, go for around 55AUD. its actualy a prize from Australian Idol, so has the Australian Idol logo on them.

Have a nicer pair of Sony headphones at home, but dont use em much cause the cusion hurts my ears, tend to use more for watching movies. They're worth um... i think about 150 AUD or so...

Oh yeah, I forgot you were in Australia. That sucks, imports are so expensive for you. There's a few places that sell Grado or Allisandro's for like 200AUD (that's a guess, if i remember correctly). It's worth checking out a pair if you can find some. There's actually a pretty big store down there that sells them, I'll look for the name of it. You'd really be doing yourself a favor getting nice headphones for your ipod. I have to take a one hour break if I switch from my E2c's to the Sony StreetSyle's otherwise I lieterally wince at the screeching. I stumbled into this headphone on accident, and now I'm hooked. Can't buy a pair for less than $60 now...sucks.
    Resident father figure.

I'll havta look around for em over here. problem is that most importers bump up the price more than just the exchange rate, tax and import duties. they price gouge everywhere they can. sigh...

at least tax is only 10% now that we have GST, electronics and computer parts used to vary between 20 to 33%

I currently have some pretty average Sony headphones (they are the earbud ones with the ear attachment so they stick in). In the past I have used the larger stereo headphones, although the sound was good, it just wasn't very portable.

I'm more of a car system guy. I currently have 2jbl 12'' subs, along with 2jbl 1100 watt amplifers powering each ones. I have a nice panisonic headunit so I can tweak each sub to my liking =). It hits hard, the loudest I have seen. I plan on purchasing possibly two more 12's, along with another two amps to power that - but that'll be in a year+ when I purchase a new car.

I am a hardcore audiophile!

I've got a Rio Karma 20gb, because it's got better sound quality, a better EQ than iPod, and its supports OGG

I've got bose triport headphones as a birthday present, they are awsome.

Hum, i'm a computer audio guy. I'm not portable. Lol. I have a sound blaster audigy gamer. With 6.1 surrod sound, 600 watts, with 150 watt sub. I dont have an ipod or any rela good mp3. I have a pair of koss ur40 headphones. they have good bass but the vocals suck on it. They only cost me 5 $ I love em, i got em from my aunt. But i do have a 256 mb mp3 player, nothing special. I also have a pocket pc that i use as a mp3/pc/and portable movie player. It's audio isnt the greatest but it is multimpurposed

I have a Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS and an Altec Lansing headset.

I have a Creative Zen Touch 20 GB (only 3 gb left though, hehe xP). I'm using some cheap Philips headphones.. Although I am a techno producer (which I have been for like 5 or 6 years), I have these cheap headphones, can't bother to buy new ones. :P

im using my trusty PSP as my mp3 player(cant afford an ipod after i got the PSP) and im using some old, crappy, handmedown headphones from my brother. they work alright, but they dont like to stay on my head. they fall off my head a lot.