» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default Giving Constructive Criticism

Commenting on other's work
    Originally posted by dragoneye [Link]

When commenting, try to make a sensible, decent intelligent comment for the artist. If your going to post something negative, back up your claim and state why you think this is. Not only will this reduce arguments, but it will help the original poster understand what it is that you don't like.

Bad Crit:
    "I don't like it - It sucks - You can do better."

Good Crit:
    "Even though I don't really like it its still a good effort. The text kinda sucks though so you should practice on that and I'm sure after reading some tutorials and practicing a bit you can be much better."
    If you don't know anything about certain terms (eg. lighting, depth, blending, flow, etc.), don't write comments like you do know something about them. It does not help the original poster in any way, shape or form. Instead, try to research and gain an understanding to what you are going to say. There are many guides and discussions that talk about different terms so that you can give the correct response.

This is just a short little tip when posting any of your work on the Void.

I got this idea from Dolce, and Zonaria does this too.
    They post their improvements to their artwork as people CnC (Comment and Criticise), coming out with multiple versions all in the same thread. Both of them just take what they have been told through the CnC's of various people and just keep fixing things until it gets better.

So I urge anyone posting their work here to try and do that, don't just take the advice and leave your work untouched, actually put that advice into action!

Thanks Dolce and Zonaria!

It is recommended that you do not edit anyone else's work, just to show that "you could have done this or that". Explain it in words instead.

We should respect other's work and unless we have permission from the original artist to edit it, then there should be no reason to post the edited image. If you wish to drag it into Photoshop and mess around with it, there is nothing stopping you, but do NOT post it in the thread without permission!!

If you are new to the forum check out the following areas:
    - Tutorials
    - Community Activities & Competitions

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact a member of the staff: [Link]

GFXVoid!
    Last edited by Nutter; 08-23-2010 at 07:14 AM.