> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default First uploaded sig- Cloud FF7- Opinions please

Hi i've been playing around with renders and stuff for only a short while now but i was really pleased with this result.

Would like to know how to improve or whats good thanx

(I don't use photoshop as i dont own it so this is made on Serif Photoplus X3)

It's a big sig. o_O
    Nothing wrong with that, but I usually see them under the 500x200 mark.
    Serif Photoplus is a bugger to use from what I've heard , but you've done alright. The Tex is pretty nice and the C4D effects really suit the image.

Also, if you feel like you you want to improve some more, check out our Signature Tutorials section: [Link]

Oh yeh i was gonna have a smaller version as my actual sig i just like to make em big and shrink em after. Yeh i've just been trying to translate the photoshop tutorials into serif and it's not been too bad, my dad like helps to make to software for serif so i'm pretty used to it.

My revised version

Still waaaay too big and its incredibly noicey. My advice to start with is to make you beginning canvas about 400pix by 200pix and work around that and only go smaller. I personally try to work in as close to 400 by 140 as possible cos its a good size for forums. As i said before the entire sig is too noicy. The background doesn't look too bad but its quite chaotic and doesn't really fit with the render. Did you use Garris' text tut? my advice with text is leave it alone for a while. Wait till you're really happy with the actual Art then start adding text and only when you think it applies. Text doesn't have to go into everything as Signatures are pretty much an art form even if they rnt dignified as one. Your render needs to be blended and the flow using the fractles needs to be another 20 degrees or so to the right.

Thanx for the advice man um i used papa's text tut but yeh will try something new i think and just leave this as it is for now. I can only get better ^^ (hopefully :P)
    Newest:

Favourite:

(Uses Serif Photoplus X3)

That render looks low quality but other than that it's decent, I like the text.

Its a decent sig,the bg and text is ok for me but the render is oversharpened.

PLAGUES

GIFTS: Timentia Gaaf wrftw

formerly known as Yakuto

It's not bad at all. Just try and use the sharpen tool with moderation. You only want to use it when absolutely necessary.

A good size for tags is usually around 400x200 or 400x100 or somewhere around there. Just remember that the basic fonts are always good to use for text. The fancy stuff seldom looks right.

Also, take into account the quality of the renders you use. Search around until you find a good one to use.

|Clicky > Forum Rules|

I love the text the overall sig is noisy tho i suggest a higher quality sig or render

Thanks RadillacVIII For the Sig It's Awesome