» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Female Sig

Default Female Sig

CnC Plox

..Needs some work.. The colors in the BG dont go with the sig.. Need some more blending. The render itself looks LQ. Text needs some work on. Its a good effort.. i recommend you start using more of the tutotrials. Its a good effort but you should work on the more simple styles with simple blending and brushing before you get into more intricate styles..If you have any questions feel free to ask.. Were all here to help each other out..

I freestyle.
    How many times i have to repeat my self, i think reading tuts is doing other peoples sigs.. like that's not me.. i make mines from the head.
    Tuts = Peoples sig you're making, but youre own render/c4ds

no thats not what doing a tut is. No one says that you have to use all the same renders and all the same stocks. You follow the instruction but u relate it to what Your render is and Your chosen background. You don't even have to follow them to the T you can change stuff, add stuff. But the people here have all been there done that from the point that your at. Specially people like Victor and Zoel so when they say u need to go back to stage one you should probably listen. I myself have been where you are now and i only progressed by doing tutorials. Your lucky your posting here where you'll get constructive critisms rather than somewhere like GFXFreaks where you post stuff like that and they will say its shite go and do tutorials you noob. You look at people like Diabloworlds work from the start and as i said to him it looks like a background. So he went away and did tutorials and now look where he is. We are only here to help.

As for the sig. It's probably better than you last one but it still leaves alot to be desired. Size is ok if verging a little Wide.

Your background isn't bad but you need to add alot more depth so we actually get a focal. Atm it looks slightly messy and thrown together where as you can tell by detail that it's not. You've got a lot to learn but keep at it and try to listen to us when we say stuff like go back to tuts.

Getting to know the tools of photoshop was what i was getting at start simple and work your way up to more dificulties of the work..The whole perception of what you put into your work is up to you.. Just learn the simple tools first.. You cant learn to fly until you have leared and mastered the basics.. Take it one step at a time..

There isn't anything wrong with reading a tutorial. Like Ascarine said, you don't have to follow them word for word. They are there to teach you some new techniques and processes.

I have 'heaps' of tutorials saved onto my laptop, and I have made a few of my own, but I do regularly read through them. Even if I don't follow them, I at least try to understand how that particular technique worked.
    The weird thing for me was that it took me over a year to understand how Displace could be used effectively, and it was only in the wording that someone had in their tutorial. From then, I went back to all the other tutorials and they all made so much more sense.

I do agree with what you say about tuts=people's sigs (etc) as I feel that you don't learn enough from cloning the same steps, but when you think of the overall scheme of things, don't we all follow similar processes?

Your sig is quite good. I do think it would look better if you chopped off part of the left so it wasn't as long. You could then have some angled text that follows the same movement as the kid.

I completely agree with Nutter. Tutorials are needed, you don't have to follow them but reading and understanding them certainly helps. Though it's good your experimenting yourself I don't believe you'll get far very quickly.

As for the tag. I think it's a bit too chaotic. The left side is very dark and busy, the text in the corner doesn't really work.
    Keep trying though!