» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

yea, the way to get better is to use your imagination, not just copy stright from a tut

If you wanna learn howto make that pic (excluding the fireball), you need to be a bit more experienced. I can do it except for the 3d render, but I want you to figure it out. Thats how you learn. May not be fun, but at least you learn. Try other tuts that you think might help, then come back and try this.

Originally posted by NextDay@May 6 2005, 10:01 PM
    [RANT] How would YOU know u have 15 posts!! my god.... you dont know shit about this forum dont say you do this is like the 3rd time ive heard u do this kinda shit...aight shut it we dont need ur bullshit!![/RANT]
    [snapback]47277[/snapback]
    Nextday, if i actually wanted to act tough like you over the internet i would.
    But i seriously have no time fighting with little kids..I have 15 post but ive been visiting the forums for quite a while, just didnt feel like registering until now.
    So have a great day. KID

wow, the guy was just asking for a lil bit of help no need to get psycho. what if he just wants use it just to give him an idea or to help him get started on something of his own. u know, "u cant start a fire without a spark"

Well, you don;t need to rely on tutorials, you just make up your own style instead of copying someone elses.

Tutorials help you learn the basics though. They give you the tools (or filters, whatever) to use, and show you how to reach an outcome... I used tutorials, when I first started like three years ago, in the way of using the tut for the tool knowledge, but creating my own settings. I then went from there to learn other stuff, and use different combinations of tools and filters, and all of the stuff I learned in tutorials, to make my own stuff, and get my own style. I didn't just jump into PS already having a style... and I doubt anyone here actually did...

Originally posted by Dr D-Mento@May 10 2005, 06:30 AM
    Tutorials help you learn the basics though.* They give you the tools (or filters, whatever) to use, and show you how to reach an outcome...* I used tutorials, when I first started like three years ago, in the way of using the tut for the tool knowledge, but creating my own settings.* I then went from there to learn other stuff, and use different combinations of tools and filters, and all of the stuff I learned in tutorials, to make my own stuff, and get my own style.* I didn't just jump into PS already having a style...* and I doubt anyone here actually did...
    [snapback]48577[/snapback]
    Exactly.
    Use tutorials to learn the basics .

EDIT: Look what it says in the first part:
    , this process can be used to create various lighting effects, don't limit yourself to fireballs, try to create your own techniques ^_~.

Originally posted by Dr D-Mento@May 9 2005, 03:30 PM
    Tutorials help you learn the basics though.* They give you the tools (or filters, whatever) to use, and show you how to reach an outcome...* I used tutorials, when I first started like three years ago, in the way of using the tut for the tool knowledge, but creating my own settings.* I then went from there to learn other stuff, and use different combinations of tools and filters, and all of the stuff I learned in tutorials, to make my own stuff, and get my own style.* I didn't just jump into PS already having a style...* and I doubt anyone here actually did...
    [snapback]48577[/snapback]
    tutorials also give you a new style from time to time. i always like to look for something really cool to learn on tutorial pages from time to time.

It's an abstract brush with color balance

Well the tut give me chance to learn so many different style available in PS... There are some effect that I go crazy over with and the sigs that I made reflect this.. sure I didnt go crazy and change every single day with a new sig but yea.. some I did step by step and the result is just bleh .. It takes some courage just to break free in the middle of tut and just go on your own I think.
    What I think to the original poster of this thread is if your are capable to get it right the 1st step.. then bravo.. good for you. Now go, experience by yourself some other stuff and see if you can match up the original thing you copied from. Sure... maybe it sux a few time for a start, but you'll notice that you improve bit by bit .. little by little. And that is the sweet feeling of learning IMO. Its better then you able to replicated something not originally yours.
    I made sig for myself in a different forum i frequented, for a few weeks I participated in "rate your sig" thread, I get constant bashing ... my coloring sux, absolutely no idea of positioning in sig, but now it changed.. I gain some recognition, praised on originality, unique style .. And that is what I most proudly of

EDITED: w00t! 50th posts