» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Are you interested in computers, the net, web dev, gaming, science, technology, etc?

Are you interested in computers, the Internet, web development, gaming, science, technology or other related topics?

The reason I'm asking is because I publish another forum that focuses on these exact topics. The site is GeekBoards.com and I'm looking to organize a staff to help moderate & lead the GB community.

Geek Boards is MUCH smaller than GFXVoid. I publish GB because I generally have a high level of interest in technology and science related topics. I suppose that I am somewhat of a technology "geek" in a way... I watch the science channel, discovery channel, history channel, etc, etc...

If you're interested in helping me to form a staff on GeekBoards, please let me know by replying to this thread.

The requirements for joining the staff aren't the same as here at the void. All I'm really looking for are members who are interested in the topic area and would like to help out. Previous activity is not important, especially since most of you are not likely to have been active or even know about GB. The way I'll be addressing activity is in the future. For anyone who joins the GB staff I'll simply look over activity in a few months (or whatever) and remove anyone from the staff who hasn't remained at least somewhat active. No worries if anyone joins the staff and then changes their mind. We'll just see how things go and take it one step at a time.

GeekBoards has the following forum areas: Computer Hardware & Software, Linux, Computer & Console Gaming, Website Publishing & Development, For Sale / Wanted / Hot Deals, General Chat Topics, Introductions

You can view the forum index at http://www.geekboards.com/forums/index.php and the recently active threads list at http://www.geekboards.com/

GeekBoards doesn't have a graphics design section, but I was thinking that maybe we might consider setting up 1 forum for graphics there which will be a general forum for the topic. Any graphics related questions that are more in-depth will be referred here to The Void. That way it will help benefit GFXVoid as well in the process of developing the GB site.

What do you think? If you're interested in helping to form a staff on GeekBoards then be sure to reply here and let me know.

GFXVoid.com Publisher & Network Admin

I'm all for this website if you want my help John. I love this sort of stuff.

^Me too.
    Where were we without the computer these days?

Would be very pleased to help you with moderating the forum.

I would Love to help, but i know really less about pc and stuff

I'd be willing to help ya, John. Just let me know.
    I'm a total geek when it comes to computers.

|Clicky > Forum Rules|

Thanks. I'm glad to see so much interest in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    I'm all for this website if you want my help John. I love this sort of stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cas View Post
    Would be very pleased to help you with moderating the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phayze View Post
    I'd be willing to help ya, John. Just let me know.
    I'm a total geek when it comes to computers.
    Want to each pick a forum? Let me know and I'll get your mod status setup.

Or, I can also create other forums if there's another topic that you would prefer to moderate / lead. What area of technology/science are you most interested in? I'm sure there are plenty of other subjects we can go with in addition to what is already covered on GeekBoards.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    I would Love to help, but i know really less about pc and stuff
    That's no problem at all. Want to mod either the general chat or intro forum?

ill help out if i can always willing to help as you already know

Quote Originally Posted by UnDeRoAtH View Post
    ill help out if i can always willing to help as you already know
    If you haven't already, go sign-up at GeekBoards and then let me know which section you would like to moderate/lead. Or let me know if you would like me to setup a new section for ya.

hey john dont you need to seperate the PS3 Wii and Xbox sections into sub forums ?? just so its more organized lol

I don't know if GB is active enough yet to split the section into subforums, but we can definitely consider that. We can eventually turn that section into a general Gaming forum with PS3, Wii, Xbox and Computer Gaming as subforums. Do you want to mod the Gaming section of GeekBoards?