> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default smudge-tips requested...

Hey there,

Since when i made siggies back in the day, smudging wasn't used at all. So i need to learn it ofc, and tried it with some random render i still had. Don't mind the dumb brushing and the empty void at the left, i know it's nowhere near a decent sig, i just hope someone can give me some tips on the smudging i did...

Much appreciated in advance!

Some 'classic' from me, got several hundreds, just randomly picked one.. fresh ones will come ofc

you like bugs dont you lol it looks clean man no joke very clean text needs work umm i dunno how to tell you to improve it at all sorry

I can't really tell you either, except, NO TEXT, EVER!
    Look up some smudge tuts.
    IT's not bad as it is for smudge.

text was a copyright thingy.. white/overlay/watermark thingy, haha

And ye, found some smudge-tuts on this very forum, woot for gfxvoid!

Just one question then... I get the jitter-settings etc, but what brush is good to start with? i used a very soft round brush (guess that could work for smoothyness etc, think i just answered my own question :/)

Thanks for the replies guys!
    Some 'classic' from me, got several hundreds, just randomly picked one.. fresh ones will come ofc

try not making your smudging flat, use different colours that blend well together and
    try and create some flow. the worst thing u can do is just taking a brush and start moving it randomly in long strokes, try keeping your strokes short and try creating effects with the
    edges of your brush. the more you do it the better you'll become.
    .:Latest:.
    Gifts:
    - [Groo] [-] [-] [-] -

Sweet, thanks m8, i can work with that! Gotta bartend the folks drinks in a bit, but later this night i'll try it out.

for smudging.
    to start out use hard round brush (about 9-13 px), not fancy settings, and between 50-90% smudge strength.
    once you get good with that would can start mixing it up

allright, thanks bud! I've got an idea about smudging now, i'll soon get creative with it... problem is i hate cartoon renders etc, so expect some weird stuff coming out (i know, i'm oldish-ish )

The sig itself looks overly blured so i don't know whether thats the smudging or a filter. I personally use a chalk brush and have played around with the settings until i found something i liked. Smudge settings are stuff that you have to decide for yourself through trial and error. Theres no good generic one, just lots and lots of opinions = )