"Clifford Lee Burton (February 10, 1962 – September 27, 1986) was an American bassist best known as the bass player of American heavy metal band Metallica. As a bassist he made heavy use of distortion and effects (several of which are usually associated with non-bass guitars), best exemplified on his signature piece, "(Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth" ([link]).

Burton's early influence was essential in creating the unique musical style for which Metallica became famous. Burton joined the band in 1982 and performed on their debut album, Kill 'Em All. Burton performed on two more Metallica albums, Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets, both of which met with major commercial and critical success.

On September 27, 1986, Burton was killed when the band's tour bus skidded and crashed.

Burton was inducted posthumously into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with Metallica on April 4, 2009. His father, Ray Burton, gave a speech on his son's behalf." ~Wikipedia

Cliff Burton is one of my heroes, and one of the greatest Bassists to ever walk this earth.

Link to Wing stock [link]

"Death greets me warm, now I will just say goodbye"
- Fade to Black, Metallica