> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ride The Lightning

Okay, not actually ride it but still....

Stock + Pentool with mouse and nothing else.

Very plan, IMO - but it works.

I just didnt want to spam it with effects.

plain and mono toned needs to be colorful not just 1 color keep workin tho mane i do like the lightning floor

That's a lot of pen-tool

Not sure though whether that much effort was worth it visually, though. A lightning stock on a vanishing point plane would create about the same effect (in much more cheapskate way, of course).

An IMO you've overdone with floor lightning in the middle (next to the guy) and along the right side of the street. A bit more visible cobble-stones would add a bit more interesting detail.

And I like the color of the V3, it quite realistically depicts how surroundings look like when lightning is the only light source. But talking about light sources: you should remove the shadow from the man, he has two stong lightnings to left and right and none strong behind his back.

Nice to see some new styles from you again.

Quote Originally Posted by rewritable View Post
    That's a lot of pen-tool

Not sure though whether that much effort was worth it visually, though. A lightning stock on a vanishing point plane would create about the same effect (in much more cheapskate way, of course).
    Come on, i got learn something

An IMO you've overdone with floor lightning in the middle (next to the guy) and along the right side of the street. A bit more visible cobble-stones would add a bit more interesting detail.
    As you can see there is lots of lightning in the front. As distance increases, more lightning is packed into small vision space and so looks more crowded.So the farther it is, more the lightning.

And I like the color of the V3, it quite realistically depicts how surroundings look like when lightning is the only light source.
    Yeah, that was the original color choice but i added more later.

But talking about light sources: you should remove the shadow from the man, he has two stong lightnings to left and right and none strong behind his back.
    If you go by logic of having 5 lightning bolts and whole grid of lightning, the whole tag should be white, so i let this shadow slip in.

Nice to see some new styles from you again.
    Thankssss

i dont think its plain, i do like the monotone effect, but i think there should be a little more color to it. and i think some of it is too sharp, u should blur some of it, and sharpen around the person to bring out a better focal.

In all deepest reality, we may only imagine the days past us, knowing that anything and all happens; and time will never be written until the happening... The future is 'eXcellence'.

eXx

The details are high in number and short in size. Sharpening will lead to pixelation and blurring destroys depth in such tags ;p

Quote Originally Posted by rockerdish View Post
    The details are high in number and short in size. Sharpening will lead to pixelation and blurring destroys depth in such tags ;p
    if your saying that about mine, then, shit your pretty much right cuz i failed at that, but back to yours, maybe its better as an lp, because your right there is much detail, and obviously very little room.

In all deepest reality, we may only imagine the days past us, knowing that anything and all happens; and time will never be written until the happening... The future is 'eXcellence'.

eXx

Lots of areas are too sharp. Lower the opacity just a bit, 5-10%, instead of blurring. As mentioned before, this is a pentool overkill. Sometimes one more stroke is just too much.