> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default Photography Company

http://dajos.deviantart.com/art/Phot...pany-143336839

My latest design, went with the theme of a photography/artists website. Comments and crits always welcome

Just a couple things while I'm here. I noticed on this and the other layout that you use antialiasing for your content text. Try using none for all but text ranging in size from 14 below. This increases the legibility, and is a good way to recreate the way text is created by firefox and other browsers. Safari and IE tend to soften it up, which I hate, but you should definitely try taking off the aliasing to see what I mean.

I had some thoughts about consistency in terms of some of the elements on the site. For instance, the logo you did for this particular design "faux company" really doesn't suite a photography company. It reminds me of those logos you can buy for 5$ a piece for cheap and easy brand identity. Those tend to ruin a lot of potentially stable businesses, so maybe you should try applying a more identifiable aesthetic.

Overall, you have a unique style and I like that, but there are some things you should try to tighten up on. The line-height of your content needs a bit more love. For instance, the text beside the photo looks like text that belongs in a full paragraph body, not in a
    blurb beside a photo. Line-height is useful when you want to make it easy to read. But unless this is your actual content, you rarely want to go with more than 2-3 lines of text. I think if you slimmed this down and condensed it, it would become more useful as an
    effect GUI element.

The other thing I saw that I wasn't a really big fan of was the header images you used for the 3 sections below the main content. COmpared to the rest of the layout, the text itself seems sort of cheap and the squares are sort of obtrusive. I can't exactly say why, but the aesthetic feeling I get makes me cringe. They just don't compliment the rest of the site. It makes me wonder if possibly doing without them would help anything. I have a feeling Rockwell (font) would do this layout good. A mixture of tahoma or verdana as a aliased font with rockwell also aliased would suit this style of site quite nicely.

I like the overall layout, and I would like to see it coded. The layout itself just reminisces of a generic site though.