> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Red face Silicon, Saline, Poison, Inject Me

[INTRO]
    Before we begin, I will admit I fail at digital art, so save harsh comments if you please.

[SOURCES]
    I used only one source for this image. [SEE HERE].

[IMAGE]

[BACKGROUND INFO]
    Well, this signature was inspired by the Lady GaGa song, "Dance In The Dark". I admire Lady GaGa, she is my idol, and the message she conveys is that whilst The Fame may seem blissful, once it has consumed you - you are a different person. The smoke/shadows in this image symbolizes The Fame, and the clean air around her mouth/nose shows that she is still alive and breathing... Yet within a few seconds she will be completely engulfed and will lose herself.

[CnC]
    Please post your CnC! I'd like to point out that my work mainly revolves around the CREATIVITY, rather than the talent. I often find I have amazing ideas, yet lack the talent or knowledge to apply them.

Thanks.
    -The Fame Monster

Okay, so you'd like to improve. Honest opinions will do that. And lots of tutorials.

You need to make your focal clearer. When you use adjustment layers, make sure you change the layer mode and mess around with the opacity.
    Secondly, you need more colour in there! Give it some more life.

I would suggest trying this tutorial:
    http://www.gfxvoid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51977

Seems tricky, but just take your time, experiment with different things and just take breaks every now and then if you need to.
    Hope I've helped, sorry it's a fairly short post. So busy. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    Okay, so you'd like to improve. Honest opinions will do that. And lots of tutorials.

You need to make your focal clearer. When you use adjustment layers, make sure you change the layer mode and mess around with the opacity.
    Secondly, you need more colour in there! Give it some more life.

I would suggest trying this tutorial:
    http://www.gfxvoid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51977

Seems tricky, but just take your time, experiment with different things and just take breaks every now and then if you need to.
    Hope I've helped, sorry it's a fairly short post. So busy. :/
    Thanks. :]
    Well I already have used different layer modes and opacity levels on each layer, so that's nothing to worry about. Secondly, I'm going through a very dark phase in art. I actually did manage to colour it compared to the image I used. Perhaps any other tips to spice things up without colour, anyone?

Thanks!
    -The Fame Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Fame Monster View Post
    [INTRO]
    Before we begin, I will admit I fail at digital art, so save harsh comments if you please.
    to me, harsh comments help, and i encourage it, but back to this, just look for some tutorials, and check out some effects, and how to make them, download .psd's to see what ppl did to make their tags

for your tag, it just looks like you took the render and made a lighting effect, and it is really dark, but yeah check out some tutorials from this site, and many, many other sites, and believe me, you will get better

In all deepest reality, we may only imagine the days past us, knowing that anything and all happens; and time will never be written until the happening... The future is 'eXcellence'.

eXx