> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face

Well, this is my second piece to post here on The Void.

CnC please, I really need the guidance.

Tell me what you think. Anything else I could do other than the text?

Last edited by Dom; 12-01-2009 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Version 2 posted.

low quality for sure that is the bad thing
    Newst Masterpiece:

Stare HARD

Quote Originally Posted by XenoDestruction View Post
    low quality for sure that is the bad thing
    When I say I need guidance, I really do mean GUIDANCE.

I know I'm not very good at GFX - that's why I need advice. Telling me it sucks does not help.

Please give me constructive criticism and not just tell me I fail - I know this already.

Thanks.

actually tyler getting harsh feedback is a good thing tbh haha

Quote Originally Posted by The Fame Monster View Post

I know I'm not very good at GFX - that's why I need advice. Telling me it sucks does not help.

Please give me constructive criticism and not just tell me I fail - I know this already.

Thanks.
    Getting an attitude with the only person that has cnced your work is a sure way to ward them off from ever cncing again. He was trying to tell you the reason he thought it was bad... because it was LQ... that means, you need to find higher quality renders, and make sure they are sharpened in your sigs.

I will be cncing your work under the conditions that you didnt bold every other word in your sentences. For starters, the smudging and glowing effects around lady gaga are pretty nice. The "The Fame Monster" text is not bad, and it has good settings, but im not sure about the placement. The "Dance in the Dark" text is out of place, you will learn over time that text should never go in the corners. Also you need to keep your texts close to one another. Try putting "Fame Monster" over "Dance in the Dark" in a better location, and get some different fonts. DaFont.com will help you with some nice, free fonts. Im not sure weather or not the silver circles around Gaga are part of the render or you made them, if you made them, thats pretty nice, if not, they are eh. As Xeno said before... its is alittle LQ, which can completely ruin a piece. I know Gaga is your idol, but make sure you are getting high quality Gaga renders.

-Kritez

Quote Originally Posted by The Fame Monster View Post

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kritez View Post
    Getting an attitude with the only person that has cnced your work is a sure way to ward them off from ever cncing again. He was trying to tell you the reason he thought it was bad... because it was LQ... that means, you need to find higher quality renders, and make sure they are sharpened in your sigs.

I will be cncing your work under the conditions that you didnt bold every other word in your sentences. For starters, the smudging and glowing effects around lady gaga are pretty nice. The "The Fame Monster" text is not bad, and it has good settings, but im not sure about the placement. The "Dance in the Dark" text is out of place, you will learn over time that text should never go in the corners. Also you need to keep your texts close to one another. Try putting "Fame Monster" over "Dance in the Dark" in a better location, and get some different fonts. DaFont.com will help you with some nice, free fonts. Im not sure weather or not the silver circles around Gaga are part of the render or you made them, if you made them, thats pretty nice, if not, they are eh. As Xeno said before... its is alittle LQ, which can completely ruin a piece. I know Gaga is your idol, but make sure you are getting high quality Gaga renders.

-Kritez
    I am sorry if you saw that to be a rude comment - I didn't intend it to be interpereted that way. By low quality, I saw him to mean the whole signature, and not just the render. Maybe he could have pointed that out. I was merely asking for guidance, as I saw him just to be saying it was bad. My apologies.

Also, you may have noticed, I stopped making words bold because it was annoying people. :P

Thanks for the detailed CnC. Yeah, the silver is one of GaGa's outfits - she calls it "The Orbit". I rendered it myself, hence the poor quality - I like to render my own images, despite my lack of ability, because this way it's a sure-fire original piece.

Also, I save ALL my works as .PSD and .PNG, so that I may edit or remove anything freely. I'm glad you liked the text of THE FAME MONSTER, it's just Arial Bold though! I extend the T to look like a crucifix in GaGa's style.

I know of DaFont.com, and I have downloaded hundreds of fonts. On several tutorials they say that default fonts are better and more professional - and so I used Arial. Do you have any recommended fonts to use? Additionally, where do you suggest I place Dance in the Dark and THE FAME MONSTER? I'll move it where appropriate.

Thanks again!

For one, i will be the first to say that i am extremely pleased that you stopped bolding your words.

When i look back at your sig, the placement of "The Fame Monster" actually isnt that bad, so what i would do is move "dance in the dark" down below it, and change the fonts. Its true, many people do say default fonts are more professional... but if your making a graphic design, you need to decide if you want professional. Defaults are nice... but can become boring. What i like to do is look for fonts that are nice, simple, and clean on dafont, that way they can still be professional, but they also are most sheik and stylish. I go do dafont (look under "Fancy") and select retro (something you will like... cause of the 80s thing... and gaga... nvm, lol). Never the less, retro has some extremely well done and nice looking fonts that can easily be used to help make your pieces better. Go through the pages, pick fonts that arnt stupid looking with to many designs on them... try to invision the fonts in your sigs, and hopefully this will help you to obtain some nice fonts. Also, try making your text white and setting it to overlay.... tell me how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Kritez View Post
    For one, i will be the first to say that i am extremely pleased that you stopped bolding your words.

When i look back at your sig, the placement of "The Fame Monster" actually isnt that bad, so what i would do is move "dance in the dark" down below it, and change the fonts. Its true, many people do say default fonts are more professional... but if your making a graphic design, you need to decide if you want professional. Defaults are nice... but can become boring. What i like to do is look for fonts that are nice, simple, and clean on dafont, that way they can still be professional, but they also are most sheik and stylish. I go do dafont (look under "Fancy") and select retro (something you will like... cause of the 80s thing... and gaga... nvm, lol). Never the less, retro has some extremely well done and nice looking fonts that can easily be used to help make your pieces better. Go through the pages, pick fonts that arnt stupid looking with to many designs on them... try to invision the fonts in your sigs, and hopefully this will help you to obtain some nice fonts. Also, try making your text white and setting it to overlay.... tell me how that works.
    The retro section of DaFont is my heaven. My favourite font is Fashion Victim, seen [HERE]. Do you recommend using that one?

lol, hmmmm, that is alittle to thin i think, try getting something that is bold (like your aerial bold) because it looks good, but it could use alittle more style.

Personally, i certainly like the text better (PS, move it closer underneath it).

There is still work to be done on the tag itself, but the text is looking alittle more promising.