» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default [CNC] Anime Sig.

Hello, I'm quite new to photoshop and I tried make a signature without following any tutorials. You'll probably think its shit so I'd love to hear some advice on how to improve and I'll do my best to make use of your advice in future works.

The text placement aswell as the flow of the sig is good, but what's up with the boring background? ._. The left orange side is just empty, try working with Gradient Maps aswell.

The background needs some detail. On both sides there's a plain color, which is boring. If you don't know what to add there, smudge something or add a texture.

The effects on right side are quite well, but a bit overdone. Wireframe ones look good, so do that frame-like effect that goes to the very side of sig. They also create some flow. The curvy C4D that's over the two I mentioned doesn't add anything, just clutters the area.

The bit going over her arm is positioned well, though. So is the text.

Overall it is quite nice for a beginner. Just avoid plain areas most of the time and make sure that effects you add complements the sig as whole.

Hope I helped a bit.
    _

Thanks for the comment, I agree on it beeing empty, whenever I tried to add something it just seemed unnatural I'll try and read up on gradient maps as I've never used them before.

Lol another reply while I was typing one Thanks, tomorrow I'll do my best to make a new one and I started reading some smudge tutorials to give me an idea on how to start. It seems like good fun. I'll post the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    Thanks for the comment, I agree on it beeing empty, whenever I tried to add something it just seemed unnatural I'll try and read up on gradient maps as I've never used them before.
    They're great for fixing lighthing n' creating awesome colors for your tags, it takes a while to know how to use them but it's totally worth it.