> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: My first Sigs

Default My first Sigs

Hey all I'm new here and i just wanted to post all the stuff ive learned from here in the last two days!

My first ever:

Tell me what you think!

work more on lighting and composition.

Saying that doesnt help, explaining it would
    Newest:]

My hero:

i don't understand how it doesn't help you.

i didn't want to bring out every little detail from all of those sigs, so i just summed up the major problems with all of them.

if you want, i can go into elaborate detail on each of those sigs.

I haven't opened photoshop in 5 years so without some detailed pointers it really doesn't help me. If you show me one of yours or point out exactly what i did wrong and what i can do to improve it would be the biggest help.

My hero:

Well if we take a look at #4 Tebow you can see on the render that light is comming from the left side, so what you can do it darken the right side abit with a black brush and lower the opacity (or use softlight layer style) and then use a soft round brush on the left side were you think light would look good.

If you want more detailed criticism, try posting one sig at a time. A few points i would suggest is try blending the renders in a bit more, especially the 2nd one. Im not really a big fan of using motion blurs either, it doesnt suit the flow of the sig.

^^ Latest ^^

"Heaven's not a place that you go when you die, its that moment in life where you actually feel alive"
    -The Spill Canvas

alright cool, i'll try that. I'll post the results and let you see how it looks. Thanks for the help

My hero:

well considering that Tbow is your hero... i will start this by offering my condolences on there lost yesterday (i am a bama fan ).

moving on to the sigs, as said before, no one will give you and in depth critic on sigs when you post them in mass quantities... except for me... lol

1. decrease the size of this, its alittle to big for the size of the render. the effects are nice, but i personally feel that you should do away with the liquefy on this one, its detracting and dosnt fit your render well. Also move your text closer to your render (rule of thirds) and set it to overlay, then lower its opacity (just a suggestion).

2. move the text down alittle bit (rule of thirds) and work with some effects on the right of your sig, it looks kinda lop-sided because of all the liquefy on one side and the lack of alot of effects on the other.

3. ludacris is dddddooooopppppee! but this is your worst. the liquefy on the back of his head needs to be removed. the background is too contrasted and the lighting is off (you have it behind his head on the left, when it should be above his head on the right). text is ok.

4. text needs to be moved close to him (rule of thirds). effects are ok, but alittle hectic, you need to work on there flow.

5. reduce the text size, its alittle to big. also remove the bright c4d or whatever it is in the top right corner, it detracts from your focal... alot.

hope this helps, keep up the work and post your pieces one at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by Kritez View Post
    well considering that Tbow is your hero... i will start this by offering my condolences on there lost yesterday (i am a bama fan ).

moving on to the sigs, as said before, no one will give you and in depth critic on sigs when you post them in mass quantities... except for me... lol

1. decrease the size of this, its alittle to big for the size of the render. the effects are nice, but i personally feel that you should do away with the liquefy on this one, its detracting and dosnt fit your render well. Also move your text closer to your render (rule of thirds) and set it to overlay, then lower its opacity (just a suggestion).

2. move the text down alittle bit (rule of thirds) and work with some effects on the right of your sig, it looks kinda lop-sided because of all the liquefy on one side and the lack of alot of effects on the other.

3. ludacris is dddddooooopppppee! but this is your worst. the liquefy on the back of his head needs to be removed. the background is too contrasted and the lighting is off (you have it behind his head on the left, when it should be above his head on the right). text is ok.

4. text needs to be moved close to him (rule of thirds). effects are ok, but alittle hectic, you need to work on there flow.

5. reduce the text size, its alittle to big. also remove the bright c4d or whatever it is in the top right corner, it detracts from your focal... alot.

hope this helps, keep up the work and post your pieces one at a time!
    ^QFT