> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: First timer

Red face First timer

hi guys, just found the forum. lots of info and tutorials that even i can understand (just about).
    i have been trying to make avatars and sigs, but without photoshop i havnt got anywhere. i've just had photoshop cs4 given to me so will be installing later and giving it a go.
    my first project is making a sig with call of duty background, with megan fox in foreground and my username at the top.
    i'm sure ill be posting on here for some advice

my first question is: where will i find the basics to start with? ie background, model pic, type fonts?

thanx

The background must be your creation just use some brushes to get it interesting.
    Model pics and generally pics for the use of photoshop for signature and in general art creation are called renders and you can search for them throughout google or www.planetrenders.net
    about the fonts you can use http://refont.com/ they have many fonts for you to use as for the brushes you can hit www.devinatart.com.
    Also in order to get your signatures draw attention you should use C4D renders.(You can find those in planetrenders.net as well as to some other places of your choosing)

Hope i helped a bit
    Cya around
    :::Latest:::

great cheers, just downloaded a load of renders and brushes to play with. found a basic tutorial on youtube on which buttons to use on cs4. didnt realise how indepth it all is.
    ill load up my first attempt for you to have a chuckle at soon

I wouldn't recommend CS4 specially if you're a begginer, CS2/3 are much more user friendly. As for backgrounds, ya can use stocks if you're looking for sumthin' simple, clickeh here:

SXC

It's a great site with lots of high quality stocks, lurk around n' get some.

You're also gonna need to learn the basics of sig makin', so I suggest learning from tutorials first before creating your own work.

Hope dat helps. :]

Ok this is my first attempt, still trying to remeber which buttons do what lol
    gonna play about with different background and renders next