No Members online

» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default If you lost everything - Final !

Last edited by Pet; 02-10-2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Must have a preview, not just link to 3rd party site.
    My Gallery
    Click Click http://d4rk3n.deviantart.com/ Click Click

this is incredible, amazing work, great depth.

only 1 complaint:

the pier/dock the little boy is sitting on looks more like its floating/in the water, that actually above it. I would think may a drop shadow or some shading work could fix this.

good work, kiu

About Kritez's complaint... he didnt do anything to the dock.. the dock was there in the original stock pic he used... BUT i do agree with Kritez... it does look like its floating...

heres the link to the stock

I really like this Loser.. good work

You Are 66% Evil

You are very evil. And you're too evil to care.
    Those who love you probably also fear you. A lot.

How Evil Are You?

http://www.blogthings.com/howevilareyouquiz/

thx i did 4 fixes :-) you can see now version 1.01
    My Gallery

good stuff, this is awesome man.

Burn After Rolling

My only complaint about this is the shadow under the boy. The light source in the photo looks as if it's overcast. The clouds in the sky are all a dim grey and if anything the light is coming from behind the boy. The shadow basically makes it look like the light source should be in front of him, which simply isn't the case. The other part is the shape of the shadow. The length should be determined by how much of the object is engulfed by the light source vertically. If the sun (or light source) was directly in front of the boy, the shadow would be longer, but the sun itself would have to be in full view, with no clouds. Clouds mute the intensity of the sun. If the sun were directly overhead, there would be no shadow. It just seems as if the shadow is coming from out of nowhere. There's just no source of light that really explains the amount of shadow present.

The other thing I noticed was that the shadow wasnt nearly dark enough where the boy is sitting. Based on the actual shadow, the area just around where he is seated should be pitch black. Since it isn't, it really looks as if he was floating above the boards, in a sort of played off perspective where the boards are actually really big, but the camera is far away.

Everything else looks pretty good. But the shadow itself seems to be a pretty big focal point. I would definitely see about playing with it a little, to add the realism. And if you're going to use a shadow, you definitely need to add a light source that makes the shadow at least a little physically possible.

Hope I helped

"It just seems as if the shadow is coming from out of nowhere. There's just no source of light that really explains the amount of shadow present." exactly what I was thinking, other than that good job as usual

ahhh, thx for the link, i see... well i do think it looks a bit better with the shadowing of the dock.

BUT, i do see what sol and scrib are saying, the boys shadow is directionally correct, i would fix that as well

the lighting on the boy and the shadow can do some work there. the lighting on plank is not correct as well, plank/ w/e it is lol. Right now it looks like there is a spotlight kept on top of boy to bring him in picture. here's an activity.

Go near a window of your house, and keep your hand on the window sill. Notice how the shadow is darker and sharper near the hand, but as you go farther, it becomes dull, blurry and low opacity. The shadow fades out when there is no more hand to obstruct the light.

Whats happening in the pic is that the shadow is the same all around boy's behind. It fades out realyl far away from the boy, than it should actually. And make it sharper newar his butt (whoops)

Another thing is, your lighting sense in this one is wrong. Look at the boy, doesnt the shadow look wrongly drawn? Ask why? well, according to the pic, the light is falling on the boy from behind, and the shadow is also going behind. Thats practically impossible, light and shadow are opposites. They cant fall on the same sides.

One more thing, the color of explosion or w/e it is, looks weird with the environment, Do some color adjustments and coloring to make sure the mood is set, that supports your actual subjects. I tell you why it is like that, see the lighting on the trees? its falling from the right side, from a light source which is not in picture, and not actually from the explosion/wildfire. Thats another impossible thing, if the wildfire/explosion is so near the trees, then the light emitted by it will cover the trees and not another light from a distant unrecognizable source.
    Make the mountains darker and give them an orange tone, the sky should be a bit darker.
    Right now my eyes are wavering all over the picture, because there are so many bright areas. Like, i will see the wildfire, then my eyes will go up to the sky, then the mountains, the boy will come at last, but again the next instant my eyes are wavering to the sky. Because thats the brightest part and its near one of the powerpoint. You gave sky a bit of more unneeded space than it usually needs, that is why it is overpowering your composition.

Hope that helps and clears the doubts, Like the composition, and the text. good job, make sure you improve. I gave you some minor tips, the ones that i saw wrong
    Last edited by KidBuu; 02-11-2010 at 04:55 AM.
    Fur's Gift BOOOO EVERYONE

Apathy and i talk shit about everything.
    Kritez you have unyil yomottoe
    KidBuu is that latin?
    Kritez yes

[DeviantART] [GrayMoon Studios]

http://d4rk3n.deviantart.com/art/If-...inal-153600108 next edit with beatifull contrast... and smaller shadow
    My Gallery