» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default First proper sig!

Ok, so i have a background in web design, everything looks neat and tidy.
    I had a go at sigs, pritty much the opposite of web design, they have a sort of scruffy look, i like the way this turned out,
    crits?

Thanks,
    conor_parkie@hotmail.com
    feel free to add me for anything

bump, anybody ?
    conor_parkie@hotmail.com

that arm or idk wat is beside the render dosnt go with the bg o.o but still nice sig man
    Favorite and Most Recent:

Pretty cool sig, not so sure about the depth though
    you did some smudging to clean, looks weird.
    try making some depth with lightness/darkness and bigger/smaller etc

Decent sig

WHAT'S THIS?! A SIGNATURE?

it was an arm with a card in it, it didn't look right so i did my best to make a distraction with the focal, suppose your still pulled to the arm :/
    thanks anyway guys,

any more ?
    conor_parkie@hotmail.com

its actually pretty good for a first sig.
    the hand is WAYY too whited-out (lit up i guess...)
    it took me like... five minutes of staring just to figure out what it was (what with my pervy mind and all...
    the colors, bleh... they look washed out. add some interest. you've got a lot of highlights but not alot of lowlights, add some blacks, and some more saturated colors.
    you kindof started this, but it looks more like an accident: you need to blend the background and the foreground. they look like 2 layers right now, give it some depth. i've got trouble with this too, so i'm just gonna say for some its easier, for others, the idea of a 3D image is harder.
    you need to pick a point of focus, in this case its the face, but the hand really should be the point of focus, simply based on distance. because of the lighting, the face is the point of focus because its clear and sharp.
    this render has a line of motion in it, it looks like energy is coming from the two things in his hands. use that line of energy to put flow between the two layers.

on the contrary to what it may seem like based on my criticisms, i like it. you've got the right idea going. keep experimenting with the lighting and colors, and blending (both of colors and of images/layers)
    since its your first, i'm giving it a 9/10. you're on your way ^.^

thanks, i learnt alot of that paragraph , is there any indepth tutorials on lighting/depth ? i've seen afew but they breifly explain it.?
    would apreciate it alot.
    conor_parkie@hotmail.com

i hate tuts v.v i'm sorry D:
    my personal take on tuts is that you're just copying shtuffs thats been done, you dont learn anything from it... maybe thats just me tho...

for me i just think of a flashlight. when someone does that creepy laugh with the flashlight under their face, think of the shadows. the light hits everything thats facing down (like the bottom of your nose) and everything facing up (like the top of your nose) has a shadow on it. in your render, the light is coming from the two ball thingies. look at the shadows on his face, see how the left side is shaded, but the right side is lit up? its cause of the origin of light, which is coming from the two balls. hmmm does that make sense? like at all??

yeah i understand now, i suppose i just need to come up with a good technique, and show it in my signatures, im just puttin another signature together now trying stuff out . your a great help thanks
    conor_parkie@hotmail.com

no problem. i still have trouble with lighting so its not like anything i say will make you a pro at it immediately (i wish... ]=) so just trial and error is how i go about it, and every time you make something it becomes a little more apparent and stuffs