» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default a friend i gotta help

hi yall
    k so... i found out yesterday that my 17yo friend has CLL (Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia), a type of cancer that infects the white blood cells from bone marrow. he's gotten it an an extremely abnormally young age, most patients diagnosed with CLL are over 60, which means his chance of completely beating this is very high, but until he can have real testing we wont know the actual numbers.

he lives in foster care, so he doesnt have health insurance, and he cant be treated without it. he means a whole lot to me, he's the sweetest guy out there (no offense to all you dudes on this site), but a lot of hard things seem to try and stop him from getting to the happy life he deserves.

he's got big dreams, he wants to become a professional photographer. i've been teaching him a bit of photo editing (levels and stuff, nothing fancy) and he's beginning to catch on. he travels around the country due to his foster-care (he's constantly switching homes...) so he's got photographs from every place imaginable. they're all really beautiful, and he's been working really hard to get a career for himself before he has to leave the foster care system, because once he's out he's got nothing.

what i need from you guys is some help creating a website. my friend plans on doing a sponsored walk from Tell City, Indiana to Atlanta, Georgia. his whole idea is that he'll take photos along his way and sell them, but right now i need some help with just the design and everything. it doesnt have to be something amazing or special, it just needs to look professional. if you dont want to do it, then maybe you could just give me some pointers on how to create a website, cause i'm literally clueless.

some help would mean the world to me and my friend, and its just one way to help us fight his sickness. sorry this is such a long post, but he really means a lot to me, so i gotta give as much information as i can.

-panda
    Last edited by gr4ph1kP4ND4; 03-03-2010 at 04:25 PM.

Well I can't help myself. Maybe Solaris would be someone who could. I'm not sure. I've made this a sticky for you though.

Thanks.
    Prick.

You're quite welcome.

Thanks.
    Prick.

Http://www.flashadvocate.com if chris has time I'm sure he would gladly help, if not I can design a site, I just can't code yet. Pm me or email me to tell me how it's going, want to know if your friends alright.

i'm swamped with work right now but if it's a small enough site i may be able to put something together.

let me see if someone else can do it first, i dont wanna burden you D:

maybe if i could get like a few ppl to do like one page of it each or something... idk that seems complicated... it all seems complicated...

thanks for offering tho ^.^ means a lot <3

hey what program would i use to make a website?