> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: portfolio

Default portfolio

i was on another gfx forum before. that forum died. i started looking for a new forum and finaly came here! and guess what: i like it here; it is a friendly forum, and people treat each other with respect, so i am going to stay here for a while

now what i see every now and then are these big tag walls. they are nice, but in time they dissapear being old threads.

on the forum where i was before, they had a topic called "portfolio"

a portfolio would be a collection off your work and you where able to make changes (edit) your portfolio at all times.

also people could give comments at your portfolio just like a normal thread.

i would like to see a portfolio topic on this forum.

That does sound like a good idea
    M y r m i d o n s
    Midnight Marauders
    Plagues
    Kryptic Visons

KOTH 19winStreak

I have actually tried this already, if you look in the Digital Art section I have made a thread to put all my art in.

The problem is, when you see those massive tag walls, those are usually people just joining, and they want to show off things they have made, and then after that it is just their newer work. I would like to have a sub forum put in to at least the digital art section that can be used as a portfolio, but we need some changes to happen in order for that to happen.

Commissions and stickers available via linktree here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pet View Post
    I have actually tried this already, if you look in the Digital Art section I have made a thread to put all my art in.

The problem is, when you see those massive tag walls, those are usually people just joining, and they want to show off things they have made, and then after that it is just their newer work. I would like to have a sub forum put in to at least the digital art section that can be used as a portfolio, but we need some changes to happen in order for that to happen.
    in time your thread will dissapear as an old topic. and also newer work can not be added.

the idea is to make a new forum. people can make a tag wall (portfolio). with an edit function they should be able to add newer work, or delete older ones. etc etc. just a nice way to show off your (best) work.

Actually, my thread will not disappear, it is a bonus of being the mod of the section, I stickied it and can edit it as many times as I want, but I know what you are saying.

The only problem right now is, most people see portfolio's as something to display large art, but how many people have made say 10 pieces or more? If we did have a portfolio sub forum, there would be a minimum amount of work needed before posting one.

Commissions and stickers available via linktree here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pet View Post
    Actually, my thread will not disappear, it is a bonus of being the mod of the section, I stickied it and can edit it as many times as I want, but I know what you are saying.

The only problem right now is, most people see portfolio's as something to display large art, but how many people have made say 10 pieces or more? If we did have a portfolio sub forum, there would be a minimum amount of work needed before posting one.
    large art, sig's, avatars... you make your own portfolio, with whatever you want.

I actually think that if we combined the ideas, we could have something very nice. I have a really good idea. Me and pet will talk and see what the other mods think about it.

great! thanks Kritez!!