> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Text.

Post Text.

I've thought about making this thread for a while now just to share my opinion on text within a signature. A debate would be nice because I don't know how right I am about this subject. In my opinion, text is a personal choice and should not be cnc'ed.
    Everyone is different and everyone has a personal "style" or rythm within a tag. Not everyone will agree with a text. I can guarantee that if you took a group of 10 random people and told them to rate a text within a signature they would all be very different.
    I'm not saying that you should'nt cnc text, but you should not cnc it so heavily by saying things like "Change the color of the text." or "Change the font/size." Without the artist asking for opinions. Just wondering what you guys thought of this subject, it's late so i think i screwed up some of my words.
    Last edited by Scottyy; 04-02-2010 at 12:45 AM.
    There are none so blind as those that will not see.

Text kills tags, period. I should actually change that statement, for the most part, text kills art. You don't see a title within the Mona Lisa.

I agree partly, hence the reason i have none in my sig atm ^^

There is also the fact that there are art styles made out of text. Things like Typography or even, Word Art!

Well brah, unless you include on your OP saying 'CnC, but DON'T CNC THE TEXT', people are obviously gonna critique/comment on it.

text is a personal choice and should not be cnc'ed.

I'm sorry dude bro, but that really made me laugh. Well DUH, of course it's a personal choice, but wasn't the render you used a personal choice aswell? What about the colors? or the style, flow, composition, did someone else chose all of that by yourself? No.

In the end, asking for CnC is just asking for ways to improve, wether you make the changes or not to improve is entirely up to you, if people critique your text, but you love it, then why the fuck change it aye? You're the artist of your own piece, and if you wanna keep it then by all means GO YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by furbz View Post
    for the most part, text kills art. You don't see a title within the Mona Lisa.
    Clearly coming from someone who's never been bothered to make good text. :|
    Last edited by Kotora; 04-02-2010 at 12:52 AM.

and i fully agree, what i meant by saying that, was that people when giving cnc heavily cnc the text more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyy View Post
    and i fully agree, what i meant by saying that, was that people when giving cnc heavily cnc the text more than anything else.
    I'm not one of those people so I can't speak for them. Whenever I cnc I try to focus on all areas, I'm sorry you've had shitty cnc for ya.