Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Playstation 3

Hey guys,

Sony has revealed the new PS3:

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?t...storyID=8508882

Click on the pics to see an enlarged view.

Looks very white. Not sure if i like the curves. It would look nice as a item by itself on a shelf but amoungst your tv gear, i dont think so.

Interesting that microsoft and sony have gone the iPod look for their consols!

Ya, here's more pics........http://media.ps3.ign.com/articles/61...19/imgs_1.html

you're welcome all

hmmm wonder if they're rendered... they look too 'perfect' to be real. The ones posted at reuters look a lot whiter, maybe they're going to release them in different colours.

All in all, quite interesing, though i think the xBox 360 has the edge.

I'm not sure about Xbox having the edge. I find it interesting that both MS and Sony had IBM specially design their processors, and yet even more perplexing is that they split when it came to Graphic Card manufacturers.

The design is probably the ugliest thing I've ever seen. I don't know who they thought would want that nasty looking thing in their living room. It looks like a heating vent cover. And what's with the controllers? This isn't a sci-fi movie, as far as I know only human beings will be using these controllers, not some 20 fingered alien.

I'm going to have to wait until the release date of course, I can't decide if Sony is trying to BS their way through the hardware info or not...but the physical design of the system is repulsive.

I can tell you this though. The winner here isn't going to be from the same formula as the old systems. It's not going to be who has the best graphics, or the best titles. It's going to be who's got the most options. Online play, expansions, hard drives, software, dv-r perhaps, that's what's going to put forth a winner. And unless MS comes out with a handheld system soon, I think they're going to lose a big chunk of the market. I'm sure sony is somehow involving the psp's UMD's into the new system.
    Resident father figure.

Im not sure if im going to be able to afford this new system! I had to wait almost a year till PS2's prices had come down to a reasonable price OR Sony will put the prices low because their nice (NOT!!!&#33

i would advise waiting until the PS3 comes out, even if you want the XBox 360.

Because garenteed, the prices of the XBox will drop at the release time of the PS3. Whoever comes out second is definatly at an earnings disadvantage.

for sure, i dont like XBOX, just not a big fan of it. Been loyal to Sony lol. Dont know how long it will take for it to come to Sydney, we just got the DS and dunn0 when well get the PSP either.

DaYme that is hot... its like.. so sleek...

..my friend told me in school that he was looking at ps3 game shots in out IT lesson (I swear IT teachers know NOTHING about computers) and (coming from a nintendo/gc fan) he said they looked like photos, not games

[edit] rofl, videos of ut2007

Click

they bloody amzing

oh and FF (ff VII some reason - maybe it new, maybe it same charecters diff story, maybe it same)

Click

The PS3 is supposedly going to be launched in 3 colors. White, Silver, and black. I personally like it alot except for the controllers. WTH happened? If I had a choice between Xbox 360 or PS3, I would choose PS3 because, to me, it has a better game selection like Socom, Gran Turismo, and Grand Theft Auto used to be only for Play Stations/PS2 but they moved to the Xbox.

yeah, plus im not really a microsoft fan...

apple should make a games console, tho i wouldnt want ti to be popular like ipod, just really good

(^ joke ^)