> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fire by KodeyBell

Looking through the latest threads in the Digital Art section, I couldn't help but notice this particular art piece! This artwork was created by KodeyBell and it's called Fire.

Name: Fire

Now I particularly love this piece because of the initial impact that I received when I first glanced at it. Upon looking at it I was first drawn to the rich colours of the Jigsaw Puzzle piece and the stunning blue and violet colours of the Iris and then to the small embers on the edge of the piece. To me it feels like it's giving a message that you should hold onto the small things in life before they disappear forever.

It's also sending out a message that even the most smallest of parts can be seen as beautiful. Here we have one Jigsaw piece and already I think it's amazing.

Along with the message that this art piece has to offer, I can see a hell of alot of skill and technique involved. I'm not 100% sure if there was a stock image involved and I'm sure Kodey will shed some light on that for us, but I can definitely see parts that were created with a Digital Tablet. Speaking from personal experience of owning and using a tablet, I can tell all of you that Digitally Painting an image is bloody hard.

So to conclude this... Hats off to you mate, and can everyone congratulate him on officially being our First Treasured Artist!

Gratz Kodey
    Awsome pice of art mate

Gratz Kod
    I really love how you made de burning marks
    ~Latest~

awesome stuf mate well done

thnx everyone.. and special thanx to Nutter for the recognition of my Art piece. Im looking forward to doing more pantings soon.. with the fact that Im on summer break .. "Yay just finished 9th grade!!! " but anyway .. there are no stock images used... this piece is painted from scratch but i have used some references for different parts of this painting. again.. Thanx Everyone.

omg this is so awsum!!

Quote Originally Posted by KodeyBell View Post
    thnx everyone.. and special thanx to Nutter for the recognition of my Art piece. Im looking forward to doing more pantings soon.. with the fact that Im on summer break .. "Yay just finished 9th grade!!! " but anyway .. there are no stock images used... this piece is painted from scratch but i have used some references for different parts of this painting. again.. Thanx Everyone.
    Ah... Well it's very nice. To be able to paint something that's realistic is quite a feat.

You never stop to impress us mortals Kodey

I like the way you go about things, you have to be, above all, patient to paint as detailed as that, you did a particularly good job on the eyelids (which from personal experience are difficult to get right.) So yeah well done. As I said when it was suggested, probably the best painter we'll have on the void.
    Last edited by Scrib; 06-18-2010 at 10:53 AM.