> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tattoo designs.

It all depends on the detail. Black is the cheapest ink choice, but if it is detailed, it can get expensive fast. A lot of tattoo artists out here have a base charge, then per hour, so the longer it is, the more it costs. And judging by the second picture you showed of how you want one, it will take a while. For example, I got a tribal barbed wire I designed myself, with some shading to make it look like it pierces the skin in some places, took about 1 hour, and cost me ~$90. My mom got a celtic knot around her bellybutton, it took her 3 hours due to the detail in it, and cost her something like ~$400. Now, the guy we saw was amazing, and said if it needed any touchups at all, to come it and he would touch it up for free, so that was in the cost, he wanted them to look exactly like we wanted.

Also, the price of the picture, if I was to draw someone a picture just to hang, I would charge them minimum $300, which I did to my parents. The same picture probably would have cost a non family member $500+. You are wanting to put someone's art on your body that will be permanent (I know they can be removed, but for all intent and purpose it is permanent.) It will be costly just due to that factor alone, good artist know what they can charge, and for a good reason, they are worth it.

Commissions and stickers available via linktree here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pet View Post
    It all depends on the detail. Black is the cheapest ink choice, but if it is detailed, it can get expensive fast. A lot of tattoo artists out here have a base charge, then per hour, so the longer it is, the more it costs. And judging by the second picture you showed of how you want one, it will take a while. For example, I got a tribal barbed wire I designed myself, with some shading to make it look like it pierces the skin in some places, took about 1 hour, and cost me ~$90. My mom got a celtic knot around her bellybutton, it took her 3 hours due to the detail in it, and cost her something like ~$400. Now, the guy we saw was amazing, and said if it needed any touchups at all, to come it and he would touch it up for free, so that was in the cost, he wanted them to look exactly like we wanted.

Also, the price of the picture, if I was to draw someone a picture just to hang, I would charge them minimum $300, which I did to my parents. The same picture probably would have cost a non family member $500+. You are wanting to put someone's art on your body that will be permanent (I know they can be removed, but for all intent and purpose it is permanent.) It will be costly just due to that factor alone, good artist know what they can charge, and for a good reason, they are worth it.
    Yea, I think I will go with this guy he seems reasonable from the research I've done in regards to prices.
    Just need to find decent tattooist and hope it doesn't cost me thousands lol.
    Thanks for the help.