> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Smoke tag

Default Smoke tag

Was actually meant to be an experiment, but I like how it turned, so I'm now asking for constructive criticism:

It's not bad, the effects are good, I like the sections where you've duplicated parts of the image. Most of the time when you see that it's done with a splatter brush and clone tool so it's good to see something different.

I like the way you've done the text as well only I'm not too sure about the font something less pixel looking would be better I think.

I actually quite like the way its all blue but the 2 purple sections look a little odd, try adding more or making them blend in with the blue more.

Then just try and get the face to stand out better, maybe sharpen it or lighten the face and darken the bg, just sumin to help it stand out.

It looks nice though, I really like the style good job.
    Fav:

Latest:

Quote Originally Posted by Draywin848 View Post
    It's not bad, the effects are good, I like the sections where you've duplicated parts of the image. Most of the time when you see that it's done with a splatter brush and clone tool so it's good to see something different.

I like the way you've done the text as well only I'm not too sure about the font something less pixel looking would be better I think.

I actually quite like the way its all blue but the 2 purple sections look a little odd, try adding more or making them blend in with the blue more.

Then just try and get the face to stand out better, maybe sharpen it or lighten the face and darken the bg, just sumin to help it stand out.

It looks nice though, I really like the style good job.
    Well, I actually put those pink dots on purpose to create some contrast to the blue, but I followed your advices and blended the pinkish dots more in, blurred the bg, and added lighting.

The focal point is definitely more obvious now but i would lighten up the area where the text is just so its easier to see.

Aside from that good, love to see more in this style.
    Fav:

Latest:

The problem with color is that if you only add a tiny bit of another color, it looks a little off. If you were gonna add more, do more with it than just two little spots, it looks a bit awkward like that. I'd try to change the aliasing f your font, to make it a little smoother, and less pixelly.
    Again, gonna second pretty much everything Draywin said.
    Very cool.

SOMETIMES I LIKE TO CREATE THINGS

iv seen this before....
    http://www.tutzone.org/2009/05/29-aw...res-using.html

he either followed the tut or stole it..

He followed the tut, the render and general style might be the same but he's added his own style to it as well.
    Fav:

Latest:

too monotonish for my taste, text could use some work and as ive recommended before i belive its better to just do white or black color borders cause the other colors pretty much kill the tag... anyway KIU bro
    Favorite and Most Recent:

Ah, nice to see your here. The colors are a bit monotone, and whats with the janky border.
    You should use the burn tool to darken the areas away from your focal, and maybe a change in the text. I like they style you tried to go for, nice signature overall.
    Favorite