Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clank sig.

Default Clank sig.

I'm doing a little series here.

CNC always appreciated!

nice
    thanks naruto <3

Quote Originally Posted by littlefeet View Post
    they say until it happens they wont believe it, but if it ever does happen, they'll say it didn't actually happen. So it can actually never happen to them, even if it does happen to them
    << LOL

Nice motion blur. Might want to work more on your lighting because it brings down your piece, also your lighting needs work on.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave
    takken, you sweet boy you, i could eat you 6^

Quote Originally Posted by Takken View Post
    Nice motion blur. Might want to work more on your lighting because it brings down your piece, also your lighting needs work on.
    It's a fractal, not a motion blur. And I can't tell if you meant to repeat yourself or not.

either way he's right. Though all of your sigs look exactly the same at the moment. Work on your lighting and trying something new every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Vel View Post
    either way he's right. Though all of your sigs look exactly the same at the moment. Work on your lighting and trying something new every once in a while.
    i believe thats on purpose hes making a little sort of series :P
    thanks naruto <3

Quote Originally Posted by littlefeet View Post
    they say until it happens they wont believe it, but if it ever does happen, they'll say it didn't actually happen. So it can actually never happen to them, even if it does happen to them
    << LOL

I know from experience that when you use the same style so many times in a row it gets dull and overused, and you tend to stop using it altogether. Just giving a tip to take a break from the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vel View Post
    I know from experience that when you use the same style so many times in a row it gets dull and overused, and you tend to stop using it altogether. Just giving a tip to take a break from the same thing.
    How exactly do you get better at a style then? It's not like I'm putting it out as my life's work claiming to have the style down and displaying it as something more than it is. I wanted to do something I've never tried before. I've progressed a lot recently, you can see in these sigs alone that I've progressed. I've learned from my mistakes. I didn't follow any tutorials for this and they didn't turn out half bad, and I take pride in that.

And something more than just "You need better lighting" would help. How so? What can I do to improve it?

See, this is why i don't post CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. People take it as INSULTS to their work or themselves. I'm not insulting you. I'm simply stating from experience, that if you make too many tags in a row using the same exact style, you're going to BORE yourself from it. Just warning you.

And as for the lighting, if you look at all of your recent works, the lighting is BORING. Top left corner, large white brush on this recent one. Top right corner on the other two, same exact thing. The light isn't intense enough, it doesn't give the sig a feeling of being really alive. Try something other than just hitting a couple of clicks with a giant white brush. Perhaps try to mess with the lighting options at Filter -> Render -> lighting effects. There are tons of different ways to get light. The giant white brush isn't doing it for this style.

Its all good fellas, Runningman, I'm sure that Vel is only trying to help, it would be wise to take his advice, and just chalk it up to a misunderstanding. good job trying new things tho I like the simplicity and colors used, you have good composition in most of your work and the effects are not whored. keep at it. what is the theme of the series btw? Toys?