No Members online

» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

May 16, 2005 - Sony has mentioned in the past that its new handheld and its upcoming console would get along together, but it wasn't until the big unveiling of the PS3 that concrete details have been available on how this will come together.

In its PS3 unveiling, SCE announced that the PlayStation 3 would have support for USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and online networking. Those first two are the biggest concerns for PSP owners, as Sony officially confirmed that the Wi-Fi configuration of the PS3 would allow the PSP to wirelessly connect with the home console. No wires, no connectors, no muss, no fuss. Of course, the PSP also has outlets for the USB 2.0, which might allow for corded connections as well as wireless, if necessary.

PSP won't just be used for wireless file transfers -- according to the official specs for the system, the PSP can be used as a controller for the console. Whether PSP will be used as a PS3 controller much is up to developers -- the GBA and GameCube got along great together, and the PSP obviously has a lot more capable hardware to do interesting things than that duo. Whether PS3 developers enjoy that gimmick of a system with a full-color screen or else decide to stick to the more complicated PS3 controller configuration is a matter we will find out in time.

That's going to be awesome but I mainly use my PSP for when I'm not home.

TOP THAT MICROSOFT!!!!!!!

they have, they integrate with most non-microsoft devices, while PS3 will be all about Sony devices.

hahahhahahaha owned. And yea i think microsoft is still better. The 360 is going to own.
    If you want help...
    Screw you
    If you make sigs...
    Screw you

Yeah, you're welcome all for newz...lol

What it all comes down to is who is going to make more money...While Microsoft will be supporting all brands, Sony will only support their devices so people would buy their stuff. Didn't think of that did you?

yes i did, it's called tie in and its a very risky path to take. Sony's mini disk hand helds died in the ass because it was only tied to their format. But Apple has been able to do okay with their iPod, even though it uses a proprietry format and songs brought from iTunes can only be used on the iPod.

Sony originaly refused to support MP3's with their walkmans, only in the last year or so have they started supporting MP3's. Remember that they are not just a electronics company but are a major recording label as well.

as such they have self interest to not support mp3's, and other non-proprietory forms of media storage. They also have self interest to only support their own hardware, cause it encourages people to buy it.

Sony has been pushing their memory stick for ages now, it realy hasn't taken off.

Bottom line is I havn't seen any figures on the PSP takeup, but with mobile phone convergence with PDA's and game handhelds, i doubt devices like the PSP will survive the next three years.

cool PSP would be a great controller,

the PSP doens't vibrate though, that sux.. but they could do coll Sh*t with the screen.. like when ur playing online the scores will be on the PSP screen or something cool like that.. i dunno.. kind of just typing what i am thinking..

ow and edit: PSP doesn't have R2,R3,L2 and L3 buttons..