» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"CONCORD, N.C. -- A custom motorcycle builder known for his appearances on cable's Discovery Channel died Monday at a hospital of head injuries suffered during a stunt, officials said.

"Indian Larry" fell off a motorcycle Saturday while performing before 8,000 people at an arena outside Charlotte. He was not wearing a helmet, the officials said.

Indian Larry was standing on the moving bike when it began to wobble and went out of control, said Mike Downs, Cabarrus County deputy manager. His full name was not immediately known.

"Indian Larry was a man with great skill and talent as a mechanic and metal sculptor," said Robert Freeman, chairman of the county board of commissioners. "He will be truly missed by his fans here in Cabarrus County and throughout the nation."

Indian Larry, who appeared in movies and television shows, was featured on a Discovery Channel series in which motorcycle builders design and build bikes from scratch, then have them judged by motorcycle aficionados."

he died as u read... he was a great custom bike builder, watched a lot of shows on him on discover channel.. suxs this happen, gonna miss his work, he had a different stryle then most bike builders.. WEAR HELEMETS guys! eh

The only thing more dangerous than a motorcycle, is the mentaility it takes to ride one.

Alot of my friends ride street bikes, dirt bikes, etc. it's extremely dangerous and a lot of people get hurt badly doing it. It takes a bit of a crazy to want to ride in the first place...and when the balls out weigh the brains bad stuff happens.
    Resident father figure.

did he just die? because i could of swore i read about this last year...

my mom and her husband are bikers... scares the shit out of me personally... i dont know why ppl would want to go that fast with no metal surrounding them if they crash, because lets face it.. a helmet isnt always going to save you.

well i just read about it and saw it on american choppers so mb

yeah, he died later last year

Who was that on the show? The main Character? I heard about someone dieing awhile ago, but I saw the show continuing on - so I though the person whom told me was mistaken.

I want to buy a bike, but things like this make me not want to (a croach sp* rocket)

haha mb then..well i just heard bout it..taco u ever seen a show called 'the great bike build-off' or something near that on discover channel... imma get the sam ething when i turn 18 taco..im not scared though..gotta have fun lifes short B)

i got a motorcycle but i cant ride it yet =/ sinc ei aint got a license which suckz! lol but ill deffinitly wear my helmet indian larry was great i wacthed alot of shows with him makin bikes too on the discovery channel

"I'll take your hope, I'll take you fucking deams! I'll take your love, I'll take everything, you fucking.....BITCH!"

lol hs..i would be going up there right now and get my licsence haha

Yes, I'm a huge bike fan, It was sad to see him go. At least he died doing what he loved...