> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: My Sigs

Default My Sigs

These are the first and only sigs I've ever made. These were about a year ago and I know I'm not very good but I can take some critique so give me your best shot

First:

Second:

Third:

Fourth:

I know I need to work on text, borders, and lighting but hopefully I can pick up on some stuff here.

you obviously know what you are doing mate. you just need a bit guidence and ill tell you from the day i came to void i have learned so much. all the guys and gals here are very helpful .

Head to the Tutorial section. Loads of good tips and ways to get better with you GFX
    Linky: http://www.gfxvoid.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73
    First 2 images arent displaying for me at college for some reason so i can only comment on the bottom 2. My advice at this stage is not to bother with Text. Text can be really hard to get right and until you know what you're doing text can make or break a half decent sig so best to leave it out. Try digging out Papa's Text tutorial. Think I found it earlier but at college the page is banned for some stupid reason so I can't like it to you.

Borders are usually best as cinematics ie resonable thick black top and bottom of the tag. DR809's latest is a good example of this: http://www.gfxvoid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65013

For lighting the use of Burn + Dodge/White + Black brush set to overlay or softlight is a good start, also Filter>Render>Lighting Effects is good however it gets some practice to get used to it and to be able to use it properly. I'm still trying to get the hang of it. Don't be afraid to ask for help if u need it ^^

Hope I helped and keep it up. Always time to get back into it.

Thanks for the feedback

I need to buy another hard-drive I've run out of room on my intel ssd, so I guess I'm going to Raid 0 sometime this weekend after I buy another then I'll start making some more sigs

Vampy lemme just say luv the name xD Second you really do have the feel for gfx I can see clearly what your trying to pull off here and they all have feeling to them...
    You know your rough spots and your using your talents to there full

your relaly good with smudging/blur thast a totally good thing and you can use that to your advantage when it comes time for oyu to practice out your dodge/burn tool for that lighting your talking about ^^

taking a page from my friend Xelo and he will tell you, if your unsure about text just leave it out :P

Text might be one of the last things you wanna worry about especially because it is usually the last thing your ganna put on a sig anyways XD...

For now just get a good style going and play with text as a second hobby lol but don't really listen to me cause I'm an idiot when it comes to text also

GL, an Welcome to the void Vampy hope to see your kick ass name more often

p.s 3rd one was my fav ^^

Radi's one of a kind gift <3

^My Wish List^

Quote Originally Posted by Slave View Post
    Vampy lemme just say luv the name xD Second you really do have the feel for gfx I can see clearly what your trying to pull off here and they all have feeling to them...
    You know your rough spots and your using your talents to there full

your relaly good with smudging/blur thast a totally good thing and you can use that to your advantage when it comes time for oyu to practice out your dodge/burn tool for that lighting your talking about ^^

taking a page from my friend Xelo and he will tell you, if your unsure about text just leave it out :P

Text might be one of the last things you wanna worry about especially because it is usually the last thing your ganna put on a sig anyways XD...

For now just get a good style going and play with text as a second hobby lol but don't really listen to me cause I'm an idiot when it comes to text also

GL, an Welcome to the void Vampy hope to see your kick ass name more often

p.s 3rd one was my fav ^^
    Thank you for the feedback, I've read that you're a very helpful member here and that's why you have so many gifts haha. I think that my favorite tool was the color dodge, it make everything really bright and awesome and I like bright colors, but it might have been the color burn? I forget haha, but I remember it was my favorite thing to do to a layer.

I think I want to make a "Sprite" next I've seen some of them and I like the way they look but I'm not sure where to find the renders or whatever for them. I kind of want to do a Pokemon one :x so I can dedicate it to you if you tell me your favorite Pokemon haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampy View Post
    I know I need to work on text, borders, and lighting but hopefully I can pick up on some stuff here.
    To be honest those two components aren't necessary for a sig there more like a plus. You have a feel for photoshop which is essentially a good start and will help you understand the process of creating some great work. So you really do have the potential to create some amazing work. You will also learn alot on this site.

My Three Rules Of Making a Sig Flow, Lighting and Depth

Quote Originally Posted by DR809 View Post
    To be honest those two components aren't necessary for a sig there more like a plus. You have a feel for photoshop which is essentially a good start and will help you understand the process of creating some great work. So you really do have the potential to create some amazing work. You will also learn alot on this site.
    Thanks dude, means a lot to hear that. I'm dying to make a sig right now but I'm still waiting on my new hard-drive it's driving me crazy.