» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Lost

My first space-themed piece, with some help and inspiration from Rabieshund's new tutorial, thanks
    Comments ? (I hope this deserves to be in this section :huh: )

[Updated it: did what mt suggested, made the fairydust a lil' bit more realistic]

The fairy dust is much to loud and bright. Make it more subtle, more realistic?

noone else want to comment or critizice ? :'(

Ofcourse I want!
    I really like this one! It looks so realistic
    You've chosen the perfect textures, they looks really cool. You also have the shadow on the exact place. looks realistic ^_^
    And I like the starbrushing how it is now, it looks cool and the colors are fine :&#39 I only don't like the purple stardust beneath the planet...
    But it looks awsome!
    • meh,don'tlikesigs

very nice but try a more simplistic font for the name...the blurr changes the effect nothin much i can critizise on it tho...its a very nice attempt at a planet
    Creator of the GFXvoid Header......................................Retired GFXvoid Staff.
    Currently: Never Here

abso-bloody beautiful. The font looks good, love the effect, i woud advice not to change it at all, it is a nice effect.

There's a touch of foggy stuff near the top right corner and sorta a mirror of the same below the middle left, it doesn't seem to gell well, i think because its too uniform, maybe break it up a lil.

The red nebulaistic stuff at the bottom of teh planet looks sorta out of place. I can't say that its not realistic, as tonnes of wierd stuff happens in space, but i would have expected it to be intermingled with some of the other nebulaistic stuff.

But its a beautiful peice mate, something you should be proud of. specialy if you didn't use brushes but did it all yourself.

Very nice. I felt like marking this one up a tad, cuz i didnt feel like trying to describe where the screwups are.

OK, lets get started.

A: you have some little black parts that look like you cut out of the stars :blink: might wanna fix that.

B: All over the place you have these random blurry spots and blurry doesn't work well with spacescapes. You want everything to be pretty sharp, but there are some exeptions(see E)

C: I was looking at your planet and it didn't seem that circular to me, so i drew a perfect circle around it using the elliptical marquee tool and stroked it to show you that you are a li'l off :-D.

D: As you can see this cuts into where the planet should be, which confuses the eye. Now you might say that the stars are supposed to be in front of the planet, but that is virtually impossible because for The stars to be in a nebula formation like they are they have to be billions of lightyears away which the planet definetly is not. . .i think :blink:

E: This is a part where the blurriness is kinda OK, it is a tad blurry, but not too much and you can see that coming from the gasses and stuff surrounding the nebulae. It's still cutting it close though.

There you go! :-D hope i was some help ::rubs wrists and prays that he doesnt get carpal tunnel::
    If you want help...
    Screw you
    If you make sigs...
    Screw you