» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default Nexus (Space Art)

Resized, click the picture for full size.

Information; More details!

Followin' in MartinBabies ancient footsteps, I present to you - Nexus!

I'm pretty satisfied. Considering the circumstances to say the least. This piece
    was created for the latest of The Luminarium's exhibits. Their third freestyle
    exhibit in the Illumination series.

Description and explanation copied from dA.

Being well aware of that it has a "slight" resemblance of my latest piece on deviantart, I still
    thought I should finish it.

As I work on call center, the amount of forced overtime and stressful environment lately have
    been more or less maximized. This didn't leave me with much time before the Luminarium exhibit
    was to be released - and even less time to start all over when I finally realised I was creating
    something similar. I did, however, try to add more details and different shapes.

I do not, however, plan on doing much more with this piece. It is considered to be finished since the exhibit is released.
    dA-link

As usual, your comments means a lot, otherwise I wouldn't post my pictures
    here. But do keep in mind that the piece is considered to be finished, but I do look
    for things I could improve to develop my artistic eye for the future.
    Last edited by shajn; 10-27-2010 at 04:37 PM.

Wow that looks amazing, This is what i so wanna learn, nebula creating im having such a hard time getting them to look like i want to guess i just don't have the drawing skills for it ;s

Really epic. Lovin' the tones.

Its nice to see some member of the Void in artgroups like The Luminarium and Revuh.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave
    takken, you sweet boy you, i could eat you 6^

the nebulae is looking too good for the obvious fake stars. I don't like how you used the same star brush or shape repeatedly without ever thinking of rotating them. If you take advice i would say remove the fake twinkling stars, coz the nebulae looks almost real. instead put a small round planet. really small like about 1/10th or the picture size. it will greatly increase the depth of the image. Also if you are so bent on to keep the stars, atleast get rid of the big twinkling one's they are really spoiling the tone and mood of the piece.
    Fur's Gift BOOOO EVERYONE

Apathy and i talk shit about everything.
    Kritez you have unyil yomottoe
    KidBuu is that latin?
    Kritez yes

[DeviantART] [GrayMoon Studios]

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Wow that looks amazing, This is what i so wanna learn, nebula creating im having such a hard time getting them to look like i want to guess i just don't have the drawing skills for it ;s
    Open a blank page and just start to paint, except make sure you don't stop no matter how terrible it looks. Also do take a look at cloudstocks, since the shapes are clouds after all. Then, obviously it helps to have a sketch on paper or in your head as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KidBuu View Post
    the nebulae is looking too good for the obvious fake stars. I don't like how you used the same star brush or shape repeatedly without ever thinking of rotating them. If you take advice i would say remove the fake twinkling stars, coz the nebulae looks almost real. instead put a small round planet. really small like about 1/10th or the picture size. it will greatly increase the depth of the image. Also if you are so bent on to keep the stars, atleast get rid of the big twinkling one's they are really spoiling the tone and mood of the piece.
    I do spend too little time on the stars, but I actually used a normal brush for everything, just placeing random small dots. I had a planet in there first, but as the picture itself is much like Astralis, I decided not to add one this time.

You have a point though, I am always adding the stars last and I do have to put down more work on them!

Thank you

i agree with the point on the stars. they look out of place and kind of slapped on as an afterthought. I'd work on actually incorporating them more into the compo

Looks neat mate. Looking forward to your next art-work.
    .::SWAG::.