» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Another sig

I know it sucks. Please do not just say "This sig sucks. Go fix it." Please C&C and help me make it better.

Edit: Also made a matching avatar..

It's the bg thats killing the sig. Try getting some new brushes. Or maybe make your own. Also the render dosent match the theme, or the bg dosent match. The text is not workin for the sig, needs a new font and no outerglow. Also, it's to big, to tall and wide. Keep trying mate!

first of all...learn blending if udont already know what it is then let me explain

blending
    n.

1. the prosess of making an object or person blend into the background of an image, this technique can be obtained by using the lasso tool or some other type of selection tool in photoshop. first set the feathering rate to some number between 10px and 35px more or less if effects need so, then place your render over the background of your sig or image and select the area u want to blend...

there are two methods to selecting this area...

1. trace a outline around your render...keep in mind it doesnt have to be perfect, when u have the area selected press ctrl>shift>i or go to select>inverse.

2. select specific areas u want blended example. the right side of the render...or the left side or specific parts altoghether..

in both of these methods you press delete after you have selected your render parts.

then if needed finish the sig off with some overlaying brush effects..

---------

also the text needs work you also shouldnt use outer glows on these types of sigs...and the texture almost looked like u filter whored it...you might just try basic brushing that works just as well the render just needs to be blended more
    Creator of the GFXvoid Header......................................Retired GFXvoid Staff.
    Currently: Never Here

Originally posted by NxtDay+May 26 2005, 10:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NxtDay &#064; May 26 2005, 10:04 PM)</div>
    ...and the texture almost looked like u filter whored it...you might just try basic brushing that works just as well
    [snapback]56108[/snapback]
    [/b]
    No filters were used in the making of the background

<!--QuoteBegin-bigfatguy6969
    @May 26, 10:02 PM
    Try getting some new brushes.
    All the brushes I download require either PS 7 or higher..I have 5.5 <_< I am working on getting CS by Tuesday, so I will re-try the bg when I get CS.

yea work on the bg, thats the main part, and deff wait till u get CS bro haha, as bfguy said work on the text maybe or mayve add a lil color to it, im not a nig fan on black and whiteish sigs.. thats all i have to say bout it, keep trying it&#39;ll come around