» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thumbs down

i need some critique on this cause my friends dont do that well and they just give ratings and stuff like it sucks, cool, nice etc......just wanna get better thats all

to make it easier i'll give it names...

Sig 1

Sig 2

Sig 3

I think this one is the suckiest of them all :P

Sig 4

all the sigs are made from the oldest(bottom) to the latest(top)

Ava 1

Ava 2

Ava 3

Ava 4

i have too much free time xD :P

so....any ideas on improving them? and sorry if there are too many xD
    DONT talk if you have NOTHING good to say.

Whoa, are those John Hancock sigs up there?!

Joke aside, I think those top 2 can hardly be considered 'sigs'.

Num.one
    Pretty nice, but as I've mentioned, that is too big in height to be considered a sig. I would consider getting the gray swirls off of the foreground, and maybe play with it in the background. The text is horrid; I don't know, it just doesn't 'belong' in that style or that area (if you want to designate it better, I'd consider making a strip of layer behind it, and then erase-brush up on it to where it fades at the inside end - or messing with the Blending options to get the best effect). Right now, it's just too bland for my liking. Great character though, and nice cropping. But I'm not feeling the sig as a whole.

7.5/10

Num.two
    First off, get rid of that blue mess on the side of your sig. It's too contrasting towards the bg, and I doubt that you would want that 'blue' strip to be the focal point as it did to me. If you still insist on keeping it up there, I would at least feather that blue layer into the background, or take the 1px stroke off of it as it's pretty jagged around the curves. Your best bet for a better version of this sig would be to take the blue strip off altogether.

6.5/10

Num.three
    [i]Ahh! It's the return of the cliche 'Tech Border' siggy! That's what I call it anyway, and I agree. To be honest, it does suck. Just look at the face on the left - how sad he must be to be featured in such folly. I wouldn't think Brittany was very happy about her pictures being featured in it either... j/k :P I can't really say, it's not terribly bad, but it's not terribly good. It's just there - with a very strange background of a chick smiling and a dude looking depressed (Sorry if the 'dude' is a female, lol, I couldn't tell otherwise) all with some big vibrant flare in the middle. Why go with such a complex composition? Eh.. on the other hand, it has some decent animation.

5/10

Num.four
    Pretty much the same as the above, but the text is more of an issue here. It's all jagged, and is a real nuisance to read. Try selecting the "Smooth" option at the top when selecting a font. It should deal well with the jagginess. Some elements of the sig seemed as though it was just slapped there without any real thought. It's an ok sig, nothing extra-spectacular, not that you've mentioned about going to such extent.

7.5/10

Num.five
    Get a new font, one that is easier to make out (preferably, solid). Bright Kool-Aid-red colored font doesn't correlate well with the 'grim' background.

7.5/10

Num.six
    Mystery and color don't go hand in hand. At least, that's what I would think your avatar's trying to portray there. The text, is whack. Consider the above suggestion.

6/10

Num.seven
    I like it. That is, everything except the font. The font seems a bit blurred up compared to the sharper background (sharp near the bottom, imo). If the font was on par with the background (which I like - it's different for a change&#33, I'd say it'd make a whole heckuva difference. Try losing some transparency on the text. It might do you some good.

8.5/10

Num.eight
    Some relief for my eyes! That's a unique avatar. I think the colors you've chosen are great. Aghast! The text is 'readable' for once! :lol: No more decoding, hehe :P. Hope that's a long-term scenario, as the others are a bit... bleh/blah.
    The techie stuff actually works out here, unlike your two tech-riddled siggy's. It might be a bit too much, but it's all good.

9/10

Hope you found this some-what helpful.

Cheers,
    -psy

Thanks for the critique...it must've took lots of your time :P thanks again xD

and yeah i add too much to my sigs
    DONT talk if you have NOTHING good to say.