» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Hysteria

i wanted to try this space stuff that rabies showed... its prolly not that good, im not too bothered if ya dont like it, it did exactly take 3 days but took a decent amount of time... didnt use rabies tut cause when i did it didnt work out, just experimiented, messed around making a good texture and the rings... rings were rele hard to get like see thru in some parts... and theyre blurrly cause i had to free trasform to get them to "wrap" round the planet...

without stars

with stars

i personally like it without the stars, i hate stars but did them so people wouldnt say "wheres the stars"

and no, you are not going to convince me to put bright purple and blue and multicolored stars in.

next time i make a terragen render, i will add a space bg etc and use some planets

Ok. Some of the stars are a bit too cartoony. There are some parts that seem to have been left untouched, intentionally or not - it doesn't work out well. I've never seen golden stars, but that isn't to say that they very well may exist.

I would cover the whole picture with stars (except of the planet) and clutter up some areas with more stars as you have done on some parts of the pic.

Some stars look like little boxes, too. And that isn't a very good thing.
    Then, there are some blurry ones which are supposed to be the sharpest of elements in the image.

Maybe lower the Transparency setting a little bit, they steer you away from the focal point (planet).

Just my 2 cents,
    -psy

i like the planet itself, though i think one solid ring looks better than a bunch of little ones cuz the quality of the outer edges simply can't be maintainged.

also, i'm not a big fan of making digital work so large that you can't view the main idea of it on one screen. i just think it loses something when you have to scroll forever just to see what the art is about. i guess if you were designing this as a print it would look good hanging on a wall, but you just don't need all that black space otherwise.

on a 1024x768 red, in ie when ya press f11 you cans ee the whole planet... but i guess your right

The stars seem too fake, real stars are just dots in the sky, except for shooting stars, which leave a slight trail.