Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattoo?

Red face

What do you think about tattoo's?

No.

I'd rather stay away from them, because they get so pruney when you get old. I've seen it before, and it looks gawd-awful. I felt more sorry for that tat than I did for the old man.

i think meaningful ones are good. but a lot of people just get stupid things. like all the tribal stuff. unless you're polenisian, you shouldn't have one. and there's always people that are like "well this tribal was for my dead grandfather"...well then get "grandpa" or "pappy" or his picture or something meaningful about him, you jackass. The worst part is that EVERYONE has a tattoo now. it's such a hip thing to do. i don't have any, nor do i have any peircings. But i'm not against them either. I'm in the tattoo shop more than my friends, but if i'm going to put something on my body it's going to need special meaning to me. Tattoo's are supposed to be about expression not about fitting in, or looking like a badass.
    Resident father figure.

Yes

I think, to a certain extent, they are good. If you get a tattoo for a good reason - thats a constant memory of it. If you get it to fit in or something, I think thats stupid. A kid that I know got tatooed over his stomach "Fuck This" (with an arrow pointing down), and on his back "Fuck Ya'll". Now - thats really fucking stupid.

Originally posted by Psypher@May 28 2005, 07:19 PM
    What do you think about tattoo's?

No.

I'd rather stay away from them, because they get so pruney when you get old.* I've seen it before, and it looks gawd-awful.* I felt more sorry for that tat than I did for the old man.*
    [snapback]56581[/snapback]
    hahahaha pruney xD.....well my religion forbids me from getting a tatoo.
    DONT talk if you have NOTHING good to say.

Personaly I don't mind tatoo's, they can be a form of art. My preference is for the pure black ones or ones with very limited colour.

But one has to remember the impact of having tatoo's. If you have one that is visible while wearing a shirt and pants, then it will have an impact on job interviews. It may be illegal to discriminate against people with tatoos, but employers regulary discriminate against all sorts of things.

So before you get one you have to consider what career you plan to have and whether such a visual mark will impact that career. Also remember that what you want to be at 13, 16, 18 and even 22 will often be a lot different to what your doing when your 30.

exactly metal. One of my friends has a VW (Volkswagen) tattoo on his forearm. He thought it was real cool at the time, and he actually does get a slight discount at a local VW shop. But he really wishes he hadn't gotten it now. He tries telling people that he was drunk when he got it, but i was there and he wasn't. He honestly thought it was a real cool thing to do at the time, but now he's branded with a logo for a car that he may never drive again after this one. That's why if I ever get a tattoo it will be for something that is life changing to me and is going to be constant. Like a family member dying, I'd get a remembrance tattoo. Or if I was in the military or won the olympics, anything major like that. But everyone is just getting them becuase it's the cool thing to do. That whole lower back flowery/tribal design thing is SOOOOO OVERDONE! Every girl on the planet has that same stupid thing, but everybody keeps saying there's is original.. :sigh:

Anyway, my point is don't be original there's no such thing. Be heartfelt and earnest and get something meaningful that isn't going to change as often as your favorite band.
    Resident father figure.

i think tribal ones look kinda cool - but yeah they are overdone

oh and about getting them : no i wouldnt, same reason as someone else said.

oh and ice, what religion are ya (i didnt know of any that couldnt have tatoos)

Lightbulb

Originally posted by deep blue@May 29 2005, 08:18 AM
    i think tribal ones look kinda cool - but yeah they are overdone
    oh and about getting them : no i wouldnt, same reason as someone else said.

oh and ice, what religion are ya (i didnt know of any that couldnt have tatoos)
    [snapback]56828[/snapback]
    muslim..... dw im not with osama hahaha :lol: as you know theres many kinds of religions with many kinds of following....
    DONT talk if you have NOTHING good to say.

oh cool

i wana be buddhist... did you know thats an atheistic religion?

absolutely agree with 43