» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows experience.

WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS

Just yesterday, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, made its grand worldwide release. But let me tell you, frankly, for me, it was almost a fail, if not for some parts that were perfect and shown absolutely in amazing way.

Idk where to start, so first I will say I took my friend who is completely ignorant of harry potter world, and me who read books like crazy, to see what both of us would get out of the movie. Poor guy, he was almost bored, but I don’t blame the movie, in fact whatever first half of the book was covered was all story even in the books. There is much less action in the book to show it in the first part of the movie. It’s the second part that will be amazing, if not weird. But there were too many flaws in the beginning that I almost screamed what the fuck. Honestly answer this question,

Since last few movies wouldn’t it be better if David Yates would have directed more parts than as much as the books?

There was so much to cover in the movies beginning from 5th and so less covered. The guys who watch 6th and never read the book and watched the movie were like “what’s happening here” There was so much wrong in the movie, the most important of them all was that How come there was no invisibility cloak, when it was the only thing that harry wore all the time.
    So what was wrong with Hp7 part 1? There were lots of facts that were left alone which should have been included. For example, we came to the part where harry, ron and hermoine hide in Sirius’s house. And just in another minute hermoine finds R.A.B.’s room. What happened to the letter of Sirius to harry’s mother, what happened to her reply? What happened of the part where harry was so upset he couldn’t find the other half of the letter?

As if that wasn’t enough, they completely skipped Regulus Arturus Black’s story. In fact, this time it was my friend who was asking, “Who was Regulus, Arturus Black? How did he have the locket? How did harry knew there were two lockets? How did he know that the one he has is fake? Who was kreacher?” I was like from where to explain all that?
    But the worse was yet to come.

Harry, ron and hermoine talk to mundungus Fletcher who tells them that Dolores umbridge has the locket he stole. And the next scene was that they were already in the ministry of magic. Where was the part where they all spend days and nights sometimes to keep watch on the ministry people so that they can impersonate them. Believe me when I say that I haven’t seen Harry’s Patronus form a shape since the time he saved Sirius from the dementors. In fact, it looks like a plasma rocket launcher… Now where was all the commotion he caused in ministry of magic when the fact that he was there was revealed? Instead only 1 guy rushes after them and somehow injures ron.

I never felt that almost half a year had passed since harry, ron and hermoine had left The Burrow. It was like they were apparating in and out daily. For example, they apparate to a tall landscape of rocks and the next thing they decide, its to go to Xenophilius Lovegood. Well ok, that reminded me of another flaw.

Harry realizes that Luna Lovegood never went to fish or pick fruits at he bottom of the mountain, but instead is missing, when he goes up to her bedroom and finds it dusty. After that he forces xenophilius to tell the truth where he says that he already called the Death Eaters. In the movie though something new happens, harry, ron and hermoine get up to leave but lovegood doesn’t let them go and instead speaks voldemort’s name so that the death eaters find him. And harry never goes up to luna’s bed. WHAT THE FUCK!

Differences Aside, some parts shown were perfect and well executed. For example I enjoyed the part where they all apparate to the forest of dean and harry tries to get to the sword of gryffindor. It was perfect how ron saves him, how he breaks the horcrux etc. Then at the Gryffindor town, how harry finds bathilda bagshot, how she turns into Nagini, etc.
    Almost all of the truth that was necessary was shown but some was completely avoided which I dint like.

There is this part where harry has to escape from his house with 6 other harry's and the death eaters attack them. It was all perfect. And the VFX was also awesome. For once, here they dint miss the fact that Hedwig, harry's owl, saved harry from a dementor and dies doing so.

The best scene was the animated story of the three brothers who conquer death and get the Deathly Hallows. It was awesome, and absolutely the best part in the whole movie. Even the parts where harry see’s what voldemort is doing while they are roaming in jungles are well executed.
    Humor was kind of good, since it came at parts where we almost yawned to death.

But since I was hoping something more to see, I was kind of disappointed how the one’s I mentioned and a lot more parts were skipped. I know that it’s a movie and should be something different than the book, but my mind still doesn’t accept it. Not to mention my partner who said he wont come to watch part two :|

I give it a 6.8/10 Not the worst, but not the best too.
    Last edited by KidBuu; 11-19-2010 at 09:43 PM.
    Fur's Gift BOOOO EVERYONE

Apathy and i talk shit about everything.
    Kritez you have unyil yomottoe
    KidBuu is that latin?
    Kritez yes

[DeviantART] [GrayMoon Studios]

I agree with you Buu. The Harry Potter movies fail, well for hardcore fans like us.

The best Harry Potter movie was Chamber of Secrets. I really disliked Order of Phoenix, the amount of plotholes in it was like "These bitches are definitely trolling me.".

I may watch Deathly Hallows though. I still feel sad that Rowling ended the series

Quote Originally Posted by Slave
    takken, you sweet boy you, i could eat you 6^

ell at least u didn't have some woman that didn't speak any English sit beside u an u friends and start snoring through the hole movie and i gets worse . finally almost the end of the movie after she made 10 people leave over her snoring . Someone that came with her 7 rows down comes up to her and speaks to her in her language saying dude your snoring and is aggravating everyone else trying to watch this movie , then she never turned her phone on vibrate . and her ringer kept going off and See began talking on the phone can u say fing rude much and yes not a huge fan of this although did have some really awesome effects as always ,, and few funny parts made all of us watching it laugh at same time. i never read the book but i used to buy every copy of it for my grandmother before she had passed away recently and i think i will buy her last copy and put i in her grave with her .

lol sirenzo, there was this fat guy next to me who kept munching snacks all the time and then he wont even allow to keep my hand on the hand rest. And he phone keeps ringing like crazy and instead of keeping his phone silent or disconnecting the phone, this idiot keeps talking to his dad, his mother, his grandma I was almost going to hit him when i realized the size difference :|

KidBuu is that latin?
    Kritez yes

^hahaha^
    I dont make sigs anymore

American by birth, southern by the grace of God.

haha takken and buu are harry potter fags. Its all about lord of the rings, noobs.

naah! its all about jackass 3d and the dark knight!
    (sorry for being off topic. I shall leave this thread and never comeback again.)
    I dont make sigs anymore

fags or not, i still believe hp stories were the first ever books i read, i got into reading from them, so i love them yeah.

KidBuu is that latin?
    Kritez yes

I went to the midnight premiere, I thought it was great David Yates did a good job, best one yet.

The only part's they left out from the movie is the part where they talk about Mad-Eye's missing body and Harry doesn't take Mad-Eye's eye from Umbridge's door...
    Last edited by SF.Kira; 11-22-2010 at 04:18 AM.

for hp fans, it was a great movie