> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Here's what you will end up with:

Step 1:Start off by creating a sphere ( Object->Primative->Sphere ). Press "C" to make your object editable. Then go to the "point tool" (far left, center - orange and red dots, no lines ) Now, right click on your sphere, and select "Magnet". Change your view to "Front" ( Cameras->Front ). With your magnet tool, select the VERY top dot (hover your mouse over the object, close to it but not quite on it ), and drag the dot upwards. Now you should have something that looks like this:

Not quite a rain drop shape, so take your magnet and move the dots the rows beneath, you should not have to go any furhter than 3 rows to make it look right. <:Also, change you view to make sure that your dot is not lopsided, go from front to back, to right to left, of in whatever order you want:> Then you may want to add a HyperNURB to smoothen the droplet that much more ( Object->NURBS->HyperNURB ). By now, you should have this:

Step 2:Now, in your toolbar ( file - edit - function - texture ) click on file and then again on "Load Materials" ( or Ctrl+Shift+O <- not zero, letter "o" ). It should bring up a box with a file named "Basics" (if it does not, it can be found under the folder "Materials" in the place you have installed C4D), select it and click "open". Now there is a plethera of materials in your bottom-left bar, find the one "glass004". Click and drag it either onto your object in the editor window, or in the objects toolbar on the top-right (when doing this, be sure to have an arrow pointing towards your object name).

Step 3: Now for the sky, go to Objects->Scene->Sky. In your bottom toolbar, filled with materials, find the one that says sky and drag it onto your scene or the "sky" object in the object toolbar. If you are still on the Front view, you will have to change your view to "Perspective" and using the camera tools on the top-right of your editor window : : use the circular tool to ratate your view DOWNwards, and with the four arrow crosshair tool (first one) move your rain drop to the center, you may also want to move your raindrop upwards so it is not resting on your floor, if you decide to add one, i will also be doing a tutorial on this and other effects availiable. Now you should have something similar to this (but remember that it won&#39;t be the same as mine) :
    +cropped section+

Now hit render and you should have something resembling this:

And if you wish to add more, select the hyperNURB that your drop is under (or just the frop itself if you skipped that step) and press ctrl+c , then ctrl+v to paste the object, now play around with the size, location and rotation and you can come up with something like this:

Hope you enjoyed the tutorial, please post your outcome, and also leaves some advice for me, as to how i can improve on writing tutorials, and also if you have any ideas how to make the drop look better.

wow i thought it had to do with a transparent material
    Oblivion

Thats a very nice tut. Im just scared that the drops are o big theyll kill lol....heh...

Wow, I really do like that one a lot. That creates an ultra-cool effect. Nice tutorial&#33;

Thanks fellas, i&#39;ll try to keep comming up with random junk like that.

Very nice, I gave it a shot and it looks pretty much just like yours...I think I used a different material though, I like the way it turned out.

EDIT: image taken down to save space on imghst. Thank you.

very nice man, yea, they will all look more than likely the same until you start playing with the sky and floor and things like that. good job man, looks great. just like mine lol

Cool tutorial, nice effect. Could you do one with lava? Instead of raindrops. LIke splashes? I&#39;m not really sure what i&#39;m going on about but i think it&#39;d be really cool.

looks great i think im gonna get cinema 4D

yea, ill try tha lava thing, not sure how to do it but ill try it.