> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can someone plz explain.

You all have pretty good skills with gfx design. With that said, please epxlain to me why when we have someone who posts something new in the sig showcase the thread gets 30 or more views with no comments even after 24 hours of the thread being posted.
    Then when someone in a "click" or team posts after a thread has been up they get about 5 to 10 comments right away, why? When someone posts a bump or a why no comment in their thread they seem to get punished by a bunch of assholeish comments with no real pointers or advice on what or how to fix the issue in their tags.

Also when someone posts in the rate my signature thread, most of everyone gives really bad ratings, unless..., you in a team or in a "click" If you rate someone in that thread arent you suppose to give reason why you gave that rating, and not be an asshole about it by just giving a really low rating and give no reasons AT ALL! This site is a good site, minus the usual pricks that troll the threads.

Please someone fill me in... why the bias attitudes?

im an asshole for not giving any reasons?

i put a lot of time into trying to learn to better my skills i would like some feedback about why you gave me such a bad rating. And its not just me that i see this happening to also. I look around everywhere in this site and i see some good work done and those people dont get the credit they deserve.

MrK is another one, that guy gave me a 4 and a 2 just in spite. This site has been pissing me off when it comes to an artitist and their stupid egos, you dont want to help gfx noobs get better just say so, im ok with that, at least that is feedback i can deal with

Lol, i was just rating, I never once thought about an actual critique. I'm sorry if I made you mad.
    Its also rate the sig, not critique the sig above you.

I sent you a PM about this. Let's not argue too much please and thankyou.

Thanks.
    Prick.

Quote Originally Posted by MrK View Post
    Lol, i was just rating, I never once thought about an actual critique. I'm sorry if I made you mad.
    Its also rate the sig, not critique the sig above you.
    i did the same

The reason is, people are more likely to both view and comment on something made by a person they know. When someone new to the site posts, they are unknown, so people are unfamiliar with them, as well as no history of works to see their progression. I just deal with vectors, so even though I try to view most, if not all of the large art work, I only really post on the ones that I can give good critique. As some people have seen, when it is about a vector, I can write a paragraph without meaning too, but that is because it is what I know. Sorry I can't help for you in this situation, but maybe PM a few people of works you like on here, and ask them to give you some critique, then I am sure more people will follow.

Commissions and stickers available via linktree here.

I think you're reading waaay too much into it SuFi. There really are no popular cool artists on here, besides me of course, that get any special attention. Why do the new artists get less comments than the better ones? Well that's actually quite simple, but not biased. The reason is, when you open a thread and it's a shit signature that you don't like, you don't want to spend ten minutes stating every thing that is wrong with it and come across as an asshole in the end for pointing out how garbage it is. But if you open a thread and it's a great sig that you like then of course it's natural to leave a couple comments of why you like it and maybe mention a thing or two that might be changed.

As far as whatever rating you got, I didn't see it, but if you're wanting an honest rating of your work then you're not cranking out anything over a 3. Not because you're a shit designer, just because you're new and still learning. It is what it is. But like MrK said, it's rate the signature above you, not write an essay on it. If you look through the thread, everyone else is getting nothing more than X/10 just like you, so what makes you any different?

As far as people getting low ratings unless they're in a team, well.. all of the newer and more amateur designers aren't in a team, but they still deserve their low ratings regardless of if there were on a team or not because they're amateur. The more experienced designers are in teams and get better ratings because they make better sigs, regardless if they're on a team or not. This isn't high school, there's no cool kids and outcasts demographic. You're new at designing, you got a low rating on an amateur sig, no need to start a thread about it bro.
    Last edited by Monroe; 12-11-2010 at 08:23 PM.

= Monroe Smith IV

= skeetonbeezies

Thanks monroe, Pet, and Dark.

You three are my heros right now, you have really cleared it up for me. The thing for me is that a rate is a judgement and imo there should be a reason stated as to why the designer got that rating, tbh, i think my designing skills have improved since i have been a member here and i still feel like some new guy that has no idea about what he is doing like i was at first. IDK I guess, i get frustrated because i really want to see that i have gotten better from an outside pov. And it is frustrating to know i have 3 new sigs up and only one has gotten a cnc which is why i went and posted it in the rate your sig thread, I hate that thread btw, but i wanted some feedback and didnt get it. I dont like bumping my threads because then i get some feed back like... your c4d isnt good and your text needs to be removed... thats all. End of my Rant guys, i meant no offense to anyone here.