No Members online

» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
    American by birth, southern by the grace of God.

Default Winter Princess - Fantasy By: Mish-A-Man

Winter Princess - Fantasy By: Mish-A-Man

This is one very insanely good Photomanip. I would first off to start and say that the colors to this work are all perfect. They all blend together and work very well. Next the lighting is spot on everywhere. The proportions to this work are also very nice. Everything in the front is a lot bigger than in the back making it look even more realistic. This work also has very nice depth, witch comes from the perfect proportions.

This is an insane Photo manip, makes me proud to finally put one in the Treasured Art Section. Congrats man and keep it up!

Gaaf is offline Fight Club is closed..

Super Moderator

wow, I love the castle on the background. the depth is realy good to.
    and as said they all blend verry well. good photomanip mish-a-man, you deserved it

The perspective seems off, also the lighting is off IMO and is too soft. The trees are blended in too soft and the closer they are, it should be bigger, especially the immediate ones behind the focal. I really do like the closer wolf by the focal, however the horse in the BG is too small (again the trees should be bigger) and the wolf in the trees is affected by the lighting, the shade on the wolf should be darker and that too is blended too softly. As for the lighting, like I said earlier, its too soft and one can easily tell its made on top of the castle. When your looking for realistic lighting, it creates a much more dramatic effect if the light comes from behind the castle and a bit up. Also don't make it too soft. And the castle too is too small unless if that was intended by the person however it wouldn't really fit the composition, especially the owl, I'm guessing its intended to fit in with the BG? If so it should be smaller and a be of a bit darker shade. And some of the trees in the BG look distored and inconsistent in quality. And then the lady, the focal; the edges of the lady look too soft and the dark when the lighting should be impacting here most. And then the floor around here. First off I thought the texture is excellent however some of the effects look weird, especially the big soft dark spot on her left (what is that?) and then we have a consistency issue where as the texture of the floor in front of the lady is significantly different than the texture behind her where the wolf and horse are. Also I thinkt he spallter used at the edge of the canvas looks out of place.

Sorry fi I sounded confusing. I was typing this as I was looking at it lol.

I think the concept is good and the various elements you used in this piece are good, shows high quality, however what brought down this piece greatly was the blending and basic lighting, and the elements in the distance. You need to work alot on your blending, also know how elements in the distance work out, whether if they should be brighter or of a darker shade. However I thought the piece showed decent technical skill and concept. Keep at it! Though I personally think it shouldn't be here due to some issues that really took a lot, it is the best photomanip seen here in a long while from me and I'm not just saying that (I think you have what it takes). :3
    Last edited by Takken; 12-17-2010 at 02:07 PM.

I think she is very beautiful ! This is deff something I would put up on a wall an be proud of.

GZ ^^

Radi's one of a kind gift <3

^My Wish List^