> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default SOTW 247 Discussion

Congratulations to Slave for winning last weeks SOTW.

This weeks theme is: ROBOTS

Feel free to ask any questions you may have here.
    DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW THE RULES!

The entry thread can be found here: http://www.gfxvoid.com/forums/showth...239#post552239

Lol, slave chose Robots.

cool..i just entered

finally, large tag is allowed now :'>

The theme "robot", in my opinion, don't find very creative.

What I love to see based in a theme is a whole tag having relevance.

But as you see, "robots", isn't the best.

Why?
    Because all you need is a robot render and your done, but thank God that we have lovely and creative users on these forums.

I personally like every single outcome but, for themes should be more accommodating.

I used Master Chief as a render because I honestly didn't have renders to adapt well to the theme, beside some robot themes I didn't think were good.

Nonetheless, a theme is a theme.

Good luck to everyone.

Taking a broad theme and establishing a connection in a creative way is more of a challenge than a challenging theme itself, if you ask me. If you made a well executed tag, and did something no one else thought of, you're likely to be recognized for it. A general theme like "Robots" is accomodating, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say. A person could just find a nice robot render to use, or they could try and think of something innovative.

Anyway, if you win SOTW, you get to make the theme whatever you want, so we all just have to deal. x]
    Thanks Ishamz <3 Thanks JDragon <3

Gift Wall
    /Slayer <3 /Tay <3 /Slave <3 /Mio <3
    Thanks guys, you're the bestest.

Wow, some AMAZING ones this go around!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshiko View Post
    Taking a broad theme and establishing a connection in a creative way is more of a challenge than a challenging theme itself, if you ask me. If you made a well executed tag, and did something no one else thought of, you're likely to be recognized for it. A general theme like "Robots" is accomodating, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say. A person could just find a nice robot render to use, or they could try and think of something innovative.

Anyway, if you win SOTW, you get to make the theme whatever you want, so we all just have to deal. x]
    I strongly agree with you, creativity plays the biggest role in any type of art work. If you do something unique from the others, you will stand-out.

I never stated the theme "robot" isn't accommodating, I just believe that whoever gets to choose the next theme should really think deep and well on what they select.

There are millions and millions and millions of themes to choose out there, and out of those millions, that one and that one and only theme could be the most accommodating/creative theme known to the expertise of GFX.

Maybe I am going a little bit too far,

as I said.

A theme is a theme,
    good luck to all (again).

edit;; Yes, a general theme like "robots" is accommodating. But I think anyone with no experience or years of experience are adequate enough to accomplish this.
    Last edited by Misery; 01-11-2011 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misery View Post
    I never stated the theme "robot" isn't accommodating, I just believe that whoever gets to choose the next theme should really think deep and well on what they select.

Maybe I am going a little bit too far,

as I said.

A theme is a theme,
    good luck to all (again).
    Yeah, I really think you're overthinking it. Make a sig, have fun with it, and winning is just icing on the cake.

That's all. xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Misery View Post
    edit;; Yes, a general theme like "robots" is accommodating. But I think anyone with no experience or years of experience are adequate enough to accomplish this.
    And that's a good thing. I think I speak for everyone in saying we want newbies to participate to get better. No point in forcing them into obscurity by making a theme too difficult.

Again, if you win, by all means make a deep and meaningful theme.

If I submit something and win, I'm making the theme cupcakes.
    Thanks Ishamz <3 Thanks JDragon <3

Gift Wall
    /Slayer <3 /Tay <3 /Slave <3 /Mio <3
    Thanks guys, you're the bestest.

Misery, thats the point my dear, I made this theme easy enough that it's wide ranging enough that ANYONE could come up with something , why should sotw be only left to the gods of gfx ? Everyone should be able to come up with something for this theme, and with great hope someone will be noticed for their effort at wowing us in other ways that the rest didn't.

If I came up with an idea like "Hole in my Shoe" you would find that only a selet few would host anything, if there was that many.
    I was on a forum not too long ago an they made a theme " Economy" there was 2 posted tags for that, while the prior week there was 14 hosted images for sotw,

I found no point to write a book when all I want is for everyone to participate, to have fun and be creative

Sry to have disappointed you,

Radi's one of a kind gift <3

^My Wish List^