> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default just a thought ?

giving an award out to a new member just learning photoshop in gfxvoid for the most improved after a months time.

for voting they will need to make a small wall with the very first tag ever made and posted on void and then his newest tag made in void after a month .

what you all think ?

i say GL new members and welcome to void again Hope this will Inspire you to work hard in trying to improve your gfx skills here at void .

I think that is a very good idea! We should give an award to you for it. Most nice idea award.

what she said^ and i already told you what i thought it's a great idea im all for it.

Genisphere - TRUeLM - VaN ZeBeN 1st Place Team Battle Collab

Gifts

If you want to do that, go right ahead. I personally think that awards should only be given to people that do something amazing, like being very helpful, or at the year end. I don't think awards should just be thrown around, otherwise it looses its meaning.

It's similar to achievements in games. They used to be notable, like completing a game without dieing etc, the best way to describe this is with Foamy the Squirrel.
    Last edited by Pet; 01-13-2011 at 02:34 AM.

Commissions and stickers available via linktree here.

well it is in a way still these are people that never made a sig in there life or used photoshop they come to void for our help. we offer that help and they improve in a month that's pretty dam good m8 in my books if u ask me but if u feel that's need id like to see what others think about this.

I say no, advancing/improving is not based on how fast they were, it's about how good they were.

There are fast learners and slow learners, now do you think this will be fair for the slow fellows out there?

I don't see the major point in this, because you can't ALWAYS be improving faster, so it would set the award temporary.

This wouldn't inspire me, it would make me very anxious, exhausted trying to do my VERY VERY best for an award that seems unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Misery View Post
    I say no, advancing/improving is not based on how fast they were, it's about how good they were.

There are fast learners and slow learners, now do you think this will be fair for the slow fellows out there?

I don't see the major point in this, because you can't ALWAYS be improving faster, so it would set the award temporary.

This wouldn't inspire me, it would make me very anxious, exhausted trying to do my VERY VERY best for an award that seems unfair.
    I think the major point would be to let newer designers feel like they are getting a cheer for their hard work. Right now a new designer wont really get much praise for their sigs and they wont win any battles or team thingies so why not give them an award for what they are doing O.o which is getting better! =D

Quote Originally Posted by littlefeet View Post
    I think the major point would be to let newer designers feel like they are getting a cheer for their hard work. Right now a new designer wont really get much praise for their sigs and they wont win any battles or team thingies so why not give them an award for what they are doing O.o which is getting better! =D
    No one needs to get praised for anything, it isn't a compulsory responsibility, it is optional.

If they want praise, they post a thread with their tags and receive comment and constructive criticism.

I don't receive that much good comments, just the flaws and mistakes in my signature.. Which personally, makes me work harder, because you know there's someone that needs to be achieved.

However, this is a GFX community. Doesn't matter if they fail over and over again, what it is about is graphics, not about awards being tossed around for newcomers doing what they are expected to be doing.

ok well how about just a medal not an award i think that's what i meant like winning a sotw they get a most improved medal of the month

Not that I have any say in this, but I'd also go for a no on this one. End of the year, maybe. I completely agree with Pet on this.

Formerly known as silentshadow
    http://flickr.com/aeilertsen