» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bias voting?

Default Bias voting?

Alright, well I have noticed that lately a lot of people are becoming disgruntled about the voting for competitions here on the Void, people keep saying that people are playing favorites and voting for team members and friends instead of voting for who has the best piece. And to be frank I don't care but it's getting annoying listening to it, some people take all the competitions to seriously here and think they suck if the don't win or that people hate them because they received no votes. I'd like to suggest that maybe with KOTH and SOTW and various other competitions that we start making the battle anonymous doing it all through PM and not telling people what entry belongs to which person in hopes that this will cut down on the "bias" voting that everyone is QQing about these days...Just a thought, I figured come up with a solution sooner than later before we have another Blood god situation on our hands...

This topic main goes out to Rad, DM, Nutter and Kritez.

Since they host most the battles and such.

Input and discussion is encourage only if you have a valid point to make please don't just flood "OOOO I LIKE DIS IDEA YOOOOO!" in this topic...

Love,

Fork
    Last edited by Fork; 01-17-2011 at 12:22 PM.

I have been seeing what you are talking about..

Yeah, its a good point, and also i think general bias aswell as just with the voting is becoming a problem!

If that's true, then someone is doing something wrong.

Either ride people or get good enough to have them ride you, either ways if you aren't winning then you aren't good enough.

it's my 2cents.

Well Rad's the one that takes care of SOTW and KOTH. It sounds like more work, but with some help from the other mods it sounds like a positive change to me.
    Thanks Ishamz <3 Thanks JDragon <3

Gift Wall
    /Slayer <3 /Tay <3 /Slave <3 /Mio <3
    Thanks guys, you're the bestest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshiko View Post
    Well Rad's the one that takes care of SOTW and KOTH. It sounds like more work, but with some help from the other mods it sounds like a positive change to me.

In the end it comes down to... A. Do the extra work, or B. Listen to people gripe, moan and complain.

So, we'll see what happens. I mean shit I'd do all the darn work for Rad if it meant no more complaining.

I support this but it would be hard to incorporate to SOTW. At first we would have to drop the text rule and that would make it easier to enter a riped signature. But we could change it so you must include a text saying for example "GFXVoid SOTW 248" in your entry. The submitting would also be a problem, if they're posted in an entry thread everyone may see who submitted which signature and the whole anonymity idea would be lost. And if they were to be sent to me via pm's it would only be messy for me to keep track on all the entries. But I could write them down in a document after I've received each of the entries. Could work.

Then we have the KOTH, same problem as the previous, keeping track of all the entries. Also since no names will be displayed you wouldn't know who is the king till he lost. The last thing might not be a problem tho, but since almost all of the entries are premades most of the members already know who made that specific signature. So the anonymity would be made then.

For other battles it wouldn't be any problems with no names for the poll and on the art pieces.

That's my thoughts.

I honestly don't think there is any bias in voting. It may seems unnatural that the same people keep winning, but you have to consider that there is a reason for that. They most of the time are good signature makers. That is why they win in the first place.

Pleace tell me if/why I'm wrong, would love to hear some reasons.

Dare the Devil

www.artistic8.com
    -Domino-

Quote Originally Posted by Applejuice View Post
    I honestly don't think there is any bias in voting. It may seems unnatural that the same people keep winning, but you have to consider that there is a reason for that. They most of the time are good signature makers. That is why they win in the first place.

Pleace tell me if/why I'm wrong, would love to hear some reasons.
    I don't think the voting is biased either Applej, it's the fact that people are complaining about bias that's the problem. I mean, it's not fair to the people who win at all...
    Thanks Ishamz <3 Thanks JDragon <3

Gift Wall
    /Slayer <3 /Tay <3 /Slave <3 /Mio <3
    Thanks guys, you're the bestest.

Quote Originally Posted by RadillacVIII View Post
    I support this but it would be hard to incorporate to SOTW. At first we would have to drop the text rule and that would make it easier to enter a riped signature. But we could change it so you must include a text saying for example "GFXVoid SOTW 248" in your entry. The submitting would also be a problem, if they're posted in an entry thread everyone may see who submitted which signature and the whole anonymity idea would be lost. And if they were to be sent to me via pm's it would only be messy for me to keep track on all the entries. But I could write them down in a document after I've received each of the entries. Could work.

Then we have the KOTH, same problem as the previous, keeping track of all the entries. Also since no names will be displayed you wouldn't know who is the king till he lost. The last thing might not be a problem tho, but since almost all of the entries are premades most of the members already know who made that specific signature. So the anonymity would be made then.

For other battles it wouldn't be any problems with no names for the poll and on the art pieces.

That's my thoughts.
    I think your idea for SOTW would work really well. I don't think KOTH needs to be anonymous, that's just too much work for you since the entries would be non-stop and like you said most people use stuff they've already shown on the site. :/

I haven't really seen any bias, if anything just a bias towards certain styles, but I haven't been here long. But I'm sure some does exist, I've never heard of any human voting that didn't have certain biases, so best to do what you can to get rid of it. =D