> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bias voting?

Rad good idea on sotw, I would like to see that happen, don't know why i nthe past we didn't think to put the SOTW # on it to keep rippers off.

I don't feel though that KOTH would be as worth it as sotw, the entries go by daily an not weekly, so it would be a lot harder to keep track of.

As appleJ said I see great taggers an I see some alrights an than I see some novice, chances are the great will win out over the novice or good tag any day. Not a bad idea though so as to stop criers or suspicious feelings.

Radi's one of a kind gift <3

^My Wish List^

Issue is, even with annonoymous entrys in the SOTW, some people have easily recognisable styles.

Perhaps we ought to set up a poll to see who actually thinks the voting is bias or not

Did I miss a major arguement or something here? I havn't noticed any whining or complaining and I pretty much read every single post that gets made here lol.

I think that the voting is biased. To believe otherwise seems...unreal. Rarely do I see a signature in SOTW or KOTH that I actually thought should have won, but it sure got a lot of votes.

As appleJ said I see great taggers an I see some alrights an than I see some novice, chances are the great will win out over the novice or good tag any day. Not a bad idea though so as to stop criers or suspicious feelings.
    And I often see "alrights", "good", and "novice" tags that are better than or equal to those "great" tags and just flat out lose for some reason. What makes a great tag to you other than your own opinion? That was biased thinking right there, and no one was voting on anything. Yes, it's easy to call someone a crier or claim that they have suspicious feelings, but what do you expect?

Perhaps we ought to set up a poll to see who actually thinks the voting is bias or not
    I don't think this will solve anything at all. Even if it concluded that a majority of users here believed that the voting was biased, wouldn't it be easier to simply say that majority of them are being biased on the subject as a whole?Would anything be done at all?

Quote Originally Posted by TRUeLM View Post
    I think that the voting is biased. To believe otherwise seems...unreal. Rarely do I see a signature in SOTW or KOTH that I actually thought should have won, but it sure got a lot of votes.

And I often see "alrights", "good", and "novice" tags that are better than or equal to those "great" tags and just flat out lose for some reason. What makes a great tag to you other than your own opinion? That was biased thinking right there, and no one was voting on anything. Yes, it's easy to call someone a crier or claim that they have suspicious feelings, but what do you expect?

I don't think this will solve anything at all. Even if it concluded that a majority of users here believed that the voting was biased, wouldn't it be easier to simply say that majority of them are being biased on the subject as a whole?Would anything be done at all?
    Obviously people's opinion will affect their descision. You don't intend to vote purely on he/she who applied the rule of thirds the best and making sure that any sort of dividing of the signature is done exactly in the golden section. Oh and lets not forget about lines and flow and lighting.

Sure these things are important but even if someone manages to stick to all the "rules" it's no guarantee for an eyepleasing tag. If someone gets lots of votes week afther week then perhaps people just like the style that person uses and think it's superior to other entries. People will always disagree but that's how democracy works.

Also if people really are just voting for people they like then I highly doubt hiding names will work. As mentioned above some people here have very recognisable styles.

Quote Originally Posted by silent_assasin View Post
    Issue is, even with annonoymous entrys in the SOTW, some people have easily recognisable styles.

the voting in the poll would probably be bias

Obviously people's opinion will affect their descision. You don't intend to vote purely on he/she who applied the rule of thirds the best and making sure that any sort of dividing of the signature is done exactly in the golden section. Oh and lets not forget about lines and flow and lighting.

Sure these things are important but even if someone manages to stick to all the "rules" it's no guarantee for an eyepleasing tag. If someone gets lots of votes week afther week then perhaps people just like the style that person uses and think it's superior to other entries. People will always disagree but that's how democracy works.

Also if people really are just voting for people they like then I highly doubt hiding names will work. As mentioned above some people here have very recognisable styles.
    This is my point exactly. To say that the voting is not biased is unrealistic.

what did bloodgod do?

And on the voting part, it would help to take out names on the poll, but sometimes you can tell who made a piece just by the styles, I think people vote fairly most of they time but i can see what you mean by this.
    M y r m i d o n s
    Midnight Marauders
    Plagues
    Kryptic Visons

KOTH 19winStreak

Quote Originally Posted by TRUeLM View Post
    This is my point exactly. To say that the voting is not biased is unrealistic.
    It is, but I was also trying to say that it beeing biased is not a bad thing. Without opinions there would be no sotw voting as 1 person could just inspect all the entries with a checklist.

Okay...last time I checked, this was about people thinking that others were just voting for friends or teammates.
    Voting in general is biased because it's based on what you like and what you think looks good in a tag. But that wasn't what this was about at all. >_>
    Thanks Ishamz <3 Thanks JDragon <3

Gift Wall
    /Slayer <3 /Tay <3 /Slave <3 /Mio <3
    Thanks guys, you're the bestest.