» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bias voting?

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter View Post
    Unfortunately people will always have a bit of a Bias towards some things, even if it's an art style, a member, or a theme and this does display itself on the forum. I do however think that it really is rather selfish for people to use their votes in a matter to "improve" their chances of winning a minor comp like a SoTW or KoTH. It does not, and I repeat, DOES NOT show that you are a good artist in the end, and it's the ones that continually win and fairly win that prove their worth.

I've been associated with a SoTW comp on another forum. It was run differently with the use of PMs and secret entries. Even during the comp we all knew there was bias because people leaked out who's sig is who's to their friends, but there's nothing you can do to prove that they actually did since we are not moderators of AIM, MSN, or other such chat programs.

After the comp ran for over 100 weeks, I had managed to win a good 15 or so comps, becoming the highest winning artist on that forum. The truth is that even after all those wins and seeing some of my friends win several times, it hasn't changed much in the long run. You eventually learn that a win doesn't show how good of an artist you really are. It doesn't make you better, it just means people appreciate 'that' art piece. Take a look at many members on this forum and you will notice that several of them don't enter many comps but they are what I would believe better artist then someone with 15 or so wins up his sleeve.

Basically what I'm saying is that you guys might as well vote fairly and really choose the best sig in the selection because come 2 weeks later no one is really gonna care who that winner was. Now I've been at the top, I've looked down, and in all honestly the look from below is alot better because you have things that you can aspire to. You know that any compliments and wins you get are from your own hard work and dedication.

I agree with this, I'd like to thank Rad, Kritez and Nut bag for taking the time to review and respond to this thread.
    Last edited by Fork; 01-18-2011 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter View Post
    I've been associated with a SoTW comp on another forum. It was run differently with the use of PMs and secret entries. Even during the comp we all knew there was bias because people leaked out who's sig is who's to their friends, but there's nothing you can do to prove that they actually did since we are not moderators of AIM, MSN, or other such chat programs.
    Then check this out http://www.gfxvoid.com/forums/showth...882#post554882

NP Fork, I'm glad you took the initiative by creating this thread.
    Last edited by cc.RadillacVIII; 01-18-2011 at 06:38 AM.

np forkie... this has been in my head for a while now. Im glad you decided to say something

So yeah, you can say that I vote biased. I do on some level. I most of the time vote for Kritez and Cs4. Simply because I like their style and most of the sigs they make. I would recognize tags from them out of a 1000 tags.

Anyway, I would like to see who I'd vote on (and other people) when we actually don't see the name.

Dare the Devil

www.artistic8.com
    -Domino-

i dont mind them being bias as long as they vote for me... harhar
    no, but really
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshiko View Post
    Okay...last time I checked, this was about people thinking that others were just voting for friends or teammates.
    Voting in general is biased because it's based on what you like and what you think looks good in a tag. But that wasn't what this was about at all. >_>
    i agree with hoshiko. your vote will be bias because you're gonna choose the signature or w/e it is you like. i say lets keep the old sotw rules and just try to be better each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshiko View Post
    Okay...last time I checked, this was about people thinking that others were just voting for friends or teammates.
    Voting in general is biased because it's based on what you like and what you think looks good in a tag. But that wasn't what this was about at all. >_>
    +1 to this.
    write me an epic ftw!!!!!

I is feeling soo enthusiashamz

^THE SH#T^