» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default WoW Sig, Rate and CnC Please!

Okay here is a new siggy that i made, just want some opinions and CnC please!

the colouring is too generac. expant it a bit and add some depth to it... imo its just a typical smudge sig

youve done better man

E2
    van Zeben

Quote Originally Posted by van Zeben View Post
    the colouring is too generac. expant it a bit and add some depth to it... imo its just a typical smudge sig
    I know, i cant get out of making smudge sigs, its actually a problem, idk what to do when im not doing a smudge Also to create depth in a smudge sig, do i still want to blur the BG? And i know what you mean by generic colors. . .i need to get out of smudging

Quote Originally Posted by Kinetics View Post
    I know, i cant get out of making smudge sigs, its actually a problem, idk what to do when im not doing a smudge Also to create depth in a smudge sig, do i still want to blur the BG? And i know what you mean by generic colors. . .i need to get out of smudging
    You can create depth in a smudge sig with lighting instead of blurring/sharpening, you probably don't want to blur much of a smudgy bg or it loses too much detail. If you just darken some parts of the sig and lighten others you'll get a deep look =D

But don't listen if people insist that every sig you make have depth. Some styles simply don't look right when you try to add that too them. Depth is really important on some designs, and actually bad on others, anyone who thinks it is a "rule" of art to have depth hasn't seen much art. :/

Ok, no more rambling! Sorry. >.<

I like your sig, you did really good with the smudging! I think you need better text though. Try to move it closer to him and make it more fancy, in sig like this where not much is happening, fancy text always adds! Your lighting could be a bit stronger, since it's coming from the left corner there maybe put a spotlight sweeping across. Good job =D

Lol, got a spotlight sweeping across, just set on 50% opacity because it was too much, thanks for the pointers though, and i will try it with new text!