> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Kairi

Default Kairi

CnC? Was a smudge signature, I have only really tried smudging like twice so ...

not bad for a smudge pretty simple and basic

only thing i would of done differently is see where you smudged above her hair? iw ould of done it like that i would of blended it into her and started from the back of her head and smudged it like that another thing is she is looking up so i would of done the smudging job behind her on an angle as well not sure how it would turn out but that's just me keep checking out tuorials and keep showing your art k.i.u.!

Genisphere - TRUeLM - VaN ZeBeN 1st Place Team Battle Collab

Gifts

alright looks great for your third(?) attempt! I would like to bump Gen's answer on this one, smudge behind her in the opposite direction of her gaze. Also, I would burn the bottom left and the top right corners and try to get a "ray of light" effect on the face. Then throw a galaxy stock on top with soft light and opacity of your choice. then a border and that's all I can think of atm. You've def. got the eye, you just need to practice putting it to your work. Nice work and l8er days!

Thanks for the gift Stu!

"It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today, and the reality of tomorrow." - Robert H. Goddard

I like to avoid smudging the renders head, I would suggest blurring the background a big and sharpening the focal a bit to create some depth. I' also work with your colors try adding gradient maps set on multiply, screen, or hue. and photo filters then play with the opacitys. A few other ways of getting good depth are using curves and exposure adjustment layers, and making a new layer > apply image> filter> other> High pass set use like 10% setting and then set the layer to overlay and then lower the layer's opacity.

I find with smudge tags if you throw in some spatter brushes with clip masking it tends to make it all come together. I only like to use smudging for like a background for clip masking and fractal/c4d effects.

Newer Version:

Just added gradient maps on the new one

The one thing i noticed right away is that you can still see all of the renders head through the smudging which you've done which just makes the smudging weird. If you are going to focus mainly on smudging than smudge all of the renders head or erase some of the parts of it with a low opacity eraser, like 40% just so the smudging looks more effect full

Quote Originally Posted by RemixIsWin View Post
    Just added gradient maps on the new one

The one thing i noticed right away is that you can still see all of the renders head through the smudging which you've done which just makes the smudging weird. If you are going to focus mainly on smudging than smudge all of the renders head or erase some of the parts of it with a low opacity eraser, like 40% just so the smudging looks more effect full

And photo filter :e

There :S

Last edited by Manga; 01-25-2011 at 06:48 PM.