» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Large artworks

Default Large artworks

So, basically i was talking to rad about LPs and how there is no KOTH for them, he said he would try to run one, but there isn't enough activitey on the LP front.

So the idea of this thread is basically to post bonuses about LPs and why more people should start making them more often

The thing that stops most people from even moving on to bigger and better work, is that the large canvas size intimidates them, and they don't know how to start, and a lot of people that do, just make an oversized tag. I am going to cover some of this within a thread I make for the little black book, regarding what things to work on if you would like to move into a more graphic field.

Most people get "stuck" in making tags, and then don't want to move away from it, and forcing people out of that won't work. We can't do any incentive on this site that will actually get people to try large art, we had someone willing to had out some cash earlier on a t-shirt design contest for the void, that lots seemed willing to enter, and I was the only one that entered. I constantly told people about it, but no one joined. I am glad to see how many people we have now that make art, but, unless people discover styles they like on their own, they won't move on to do anything great, or unique.

Commissions and stickers available via linktree here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pet View Post
    The thing that stops most people from even moving on to bigger and better work, is that the large canvas size intimidates them, and they don't know how to start, and a lot of people that do, just make an oversized tag. I am going to cover some of this within a thread I make for the little black book, regarding what things to work on if you would like to move into a more graphic field.

Most people get "stuck" in making tags, and then don't want to move away from it, and forcing people out of that won't work. We can't do any incentive on this site that will actually get people to try large art, we had someone willing to had out some cash earlier on a t-shirt design contest for the void, that lots seemed willing to enter, and I was the only one that entered. I constantly told people about it, but no one joined. I am glad to see how many people we have now that make art, but, unless people discover styles they like on their own, they won't move on to do anything great, or unique.
    Do this noa! :P

I'm always interested in trying new things, i think it's the lack of tutorials or other people to follow that make it such a daunting task for people to move away from sigs into such things.

Btw, how come the pic in your sig keeps changing, you doing that yourself? :L

[My DeviantART]

{x}{x}{x}
    Quote Originally Posted by DOMINOtm
    I know what you will have to do. This may sound a bit strange but it is the only logical option, you have to seduce your teacher

it's the time and planning. With an LP you actually need an idea of what your going for.
    My Newest

Making A Tutorial: Off
    Mail me if you wanna collaberate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebrithil View Post
    Do this noa! :P

I'm always interested in trying new things, i think it's the lack of tutorials or other people to follow that make it such a daunting task for people to move away from sigs into such things.

Btw, how come the pic in your sig keeps changing, you doing that yourself? :L
    I will most likely be working on that thread through today. I got a lot of people interested in it.

I use a PHP image rotation script hosted on my own website, that randomly displaces an image placed within a specified folder. That way it keeps it interesting.

Commissions and stickers available via linktree here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pet View Post

I use a PHP image rotation script hosted on my own website, that randomly displaces an image placed within a specified folder. That way it keeps it interesting.
    If you pardon my french, it's fucking awesome :P

[My DeviantART]

{x}{x}{x}
    Quote Originally Posted by DOMINOtm
    I know what you will have to do. This may sound a bit strange but it is the only logical option, you have to seduce your teacher

I like making LP's =).
    I don't think it's bad to make them like big tags.
    There'll always be some new stuff in it and it's great to help to find some inspiration and learn new techniques ^^. You'll also find new inspiration ^^.

And there's some bonus ;D. If ya make a LP, you can always crop it to tag format (always sharpen it tho) and the you have BOTH =D. Awesome no? =P

Much love for Rad, Lee and Sirenzo for the gifts!

Quote Originally Posted by SSSSK View Post
    it's the time and planning. With an LP you actually need an idea of what your going for.
    Indeed, I find that when making small art its a lot easier to fill your canvas. If you try to improvise an LP it ens up beeing a giant tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    Indeed, I find that when making small art its a lot easier to fill your canvas. If you try to improvise an LP it ens up beeing a giant tag.
    Or your tags will always end up like small LP's? =P.

Stil not thinking it's bad to make a large tag.... (a)

Much love for Rad, Lee and Sirenzo for the gifts!