» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Band Logo

Default Band Logo

HI, guys. It's been a while since i've made or uploaded anything so i thought i should make a few logo concepts for my band. Give me some CnC and ideas for the logo. The name is 4 Four Down.

~Deviantart~

Youtube : www.youtube.com/MrDeanage

it's simple easy to read looks like an already made band logo i like the first 3rd and fourth ones an dwould actually use all three imo most bands have more than just one logo they have a couple nice work man what kind of music is your band?

Genisphere - TRUeLM - VaN ZeBeN 1st Place Team Battle Collab

Gifts

Good idea, but for a logo, stick with the 3rd one, without the grunge effects. You can always add them for promotional stuff, but keep the logo to it's simplist, and fully upright, not slanted.

Commissions and stickers available via linktree here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pet View Post
    Good idea, but for a logo, stick with the 3rd one, without the grunge effects. You can always add them for promotional stuff, but keep the logo to it's simplist, and fully upright, not slanted.
    Well I think in this case the grunge would serve as a good thing for it is probably for a grunge type band?

Quote Originally Posted by Fork View Post
    Well I think in this case the grunge would serve as a good thing for it is probably for a grunge type band?
    Yepp, if you look at heavy metal and most grunge bands they have a rough looking logo. Though even then I think KISS would still apply. Sometimes the grunge is a bit too much.

If you pay attention, most of them use a clean logo, and then depending on what they stick it on, that is when they grunge it up. It gives you the options of keeping it clean, or not.

Thanks guys, this isn't going to be the final logo, just an idea i had. We play lots of different genres right now so I'm not really sure how to catagorize the logo, but I'll update every now and then depending on what kind of music is written in the future.
    ~Deviantart~

Youtube : www.youtube.com/MrDeanage

Quote Originally Posted by Pet View Post
    If you pay attention, most of them use a clean logo, and then depending on what they stick it on, that is when they grunge it up. It gives you the options of keeping it clean, or not.
    That's not entirely true, actually most bands have their lettering drawn up from scratch to look crazy here are a few examples.

I was thinking more across all types of music, not just the screaming stuff. Most bands to have custom lettering for theirs, but usually is in a very legible manner. The example you gave is so bad it took a bit to be able to understand what it says, which is just bad.

That's just the way this genre of music does it. Which was my point I think he did the lettering to match the genre of music. I think business logos and band logo have a different rule of thumb in this instance. But that is just my opinion. But I do see where you are coming from and understand the points you are making.