> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anorexics on DA?

i've seen quite a lot of anorexic people posting pictures of themselves with depressing comments on DA, i mean, why? Do they think they are attractive like this? or is it some kind of attention whoring?

It disgusts me.

for example : HERE

Anyways, i was just wondering what you guys thought about it, and if you've noticed it as well.

[My DeviantART]

{x}{x}{x}
    Quote Originally Posted by DOMINOtm
    I know what you will have to do. This may sound a bit strange but it is the only logical option, you have to seduce your teacher

Ran across that deviation when she posted it and had the exact same thought.
    enzo <3

You're sure she's (I'm assuming) anorexic? I mean the person does look abnormally skinny, but there's a major difference.

To answer your question best I can, I don't know if they think it's attractive, but they have a problem with self image and they have an acute fear of gaining weight.
    Just be cautious about what you say regarding the disease and those affected by it, it is a serious mental illness and shouldn't be taken lightly by any means.

Like Gallagher said, anorexia is indeed a mental illness. The way they see themselves is distorted to make them look different to themselves. So in their mind they're always fat and need to keep losing weight. It's a serious illness and not something that should be dismissed as "attention whoring." While taking pictures of yourself in this state and showing it off to everybody is something that I personally believe shouldn't be done, they decided they wanted to, so let them. If she's really anorexic, maybe comments will wake her up to the truth so she can go seek help. Otherwise, don't be harsh to somebody who has a problem, it's not kind in the slightest.

Of course i never commented... That's why i took it here instead. I know what anorexia is, my auntie used to suffer from bulemia, the attention whore comment was aimed at the pictures. If they feel fat and ugly why post yourself on the web?

I'm pretty sure she was gall, she wrote on one pic "i'm getting thinner, i hope i die from this" or something similiar.

[My DeviantART]

{x}{x}{x}
    I know what you will have to do. This may sound a bit strange but it is the only logical option, you have to seduce your teacher

The sick part is that some people DO find skinny people like that attractive.

I haven't really seen many anorexic people on DA
    It doesn't really disgust me, They can post what they want XD

I fapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy View Post
    I fapped.
    i lol'ed

[My DeviantART]

{x}{x}{x}