No Members online

» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default New Photomanipulation (used tutorial)

Since I used a tutorial on this one I'm not posting it to DeviantArt. Just wanted to do a few tutorials and get the hang for the process of photo manipulation. Hopefully this will lead me to execute my own ideas without making them look terrible.

Tutorial Here : http://alfoart.com/green_landscape_beanstalk_1.html

this is awesome!

[My DeviantART]

{x}{x}{x}
    Quote Originally Posted by DOMINOtm
    I know what you will have to do. This may sound a bit strange but it is the only logical option, you have to seduce your teacher

American by birth, southern by the grace of God.

Pretty nice man. One thing I see off is the shadow of the tree in the middle. It should not be as far to the right, move it more towards the center. Try to keep shadows directly with the light source. Also, I would try and clean up the BG some. Its really kind of blurry IMO. Other than those two things looks pretty nice man. Just keep in mind shadow and light sources. When it comes to Large Art, those two things can make your art look good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fur View Post
    Pretty nice man. One thing I see off is the shadow of the tree in the middle. It should not be as far to the right, move it more towards the center. Try to keep shadows directly with the light source. Also, I would try and clean up the BG some. Its really kind of blurry IMO. Other than those two things looks pretty nice man. Just keep in mind shadow and light sources. When it comes to Large Art, those two things can make your art look good or bad.

Thanks for the critique but I have to disagree with your statement. Look at the shadows on the buildings and the haystack.

if your light source is that thing behind the bean stock then both the bean stock shadow and the shadow on the left is wrong. I also agree about the blur (i think its on darken ... im not sure though, just personally dont like the look of the blur). Very big improvement though helix. Im sure you have learnt lots of techniques this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    Thanks for the critique but I have to disagree with your statement. Look at the shadows on the buildings and the haystack.
    I see what you are saying, but like tater said, your light source is behind the bean stock. If you had the light source over to the left more it would be fine, but your light source is almost directly behind the bean stock.

True, guess I just put the light in the wrong spot. So that means that the shadows are all uniform but all incorrect xD

Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    True, guess I just put the light in the wrong spot. So that means that the shadows are all uniform but all incorrect xD
    Exactly .

most notable aspect of this piece is the fact that the light is off. always try to get stocks with similar lighting coming from the same direction.

My Three Rules Of Making a Sig Flow, Lighting and Depth