Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Cool

1. First Open up a new image.

The test one I made is about 350x125.

Put any text in it like so:

2. Next make a new layer, now hold CTRL + Click on the text layer. It will highlight the outer line of the layer you click on:

3. Now with the any marquee tool selected right-click on any part of the image and click stroke. Note that you have to have the new layer you made selected (it should be anyway, but check just in case). Now put the following settings:

4. Now click on the Background Layer and make it Black for a better looking effect. Then make a new layer and make sure it's on top of your stroke layer. Now get the gradient tool and make a gradient like so:

Note: You can just make a black gradient and hold CTRL + I to invert it into a white gradient.

5. Next click on the gradient layer if it isn't already selected and again make sure it's on top of the stroke layer otherwise this wont work. Now hold CTRL and press G on your keyboard it should make your gradient layer disappear and your layer window should look like this:

6. Your gradient layer should now only be seen if you move it around in your stroke layer, Now click the little button on your toolbar to take you to ImageReady. Now first step here is to duplicate your current frame by pressing the little "Paper with a fold"- looking button in your animation window:

7. Now your gradient layer should already be selected, if it isn't then select it and then click anywhere on your image. Now if you want to move your gradient layer perfectly just use the arrow keys on your keyboard. Now use the right arrow key and move your gradient all the way from the left to the right edge until your won't be able to see it on the right.

8. Now click the Tween button and put these settings:

9. Now click play or File>Save Optimized As and open up the gif file to try it out.

FINAL RESULT:

OTHER SIGS I MADE WITH IT:

Hope this helps .

http://www.black-market-babies.com/ - Sell your babies today!

Thanks much for your first tutorial submission mate! Thats a pretty cool tutorial - I will use that in the future for sure! Is it ok if I submit this to a few sites?

nice effect its basicly the same as the light over effect but this is just the border so thatz betta props to ya good tutorial

"I'll take your hope, I'll take you fucking deams! I'll take your love, I'll take everything, you fucking.....BITCH!"

yeah basically the same, but nice work man! thanks for the effort and it is gonna help a lot of people

well basically you didn't do anything diferent from the previous tut. But anyway i have to say that you might need to be more specific on how to do the gradient.It troubled me alot to make it small and not to fill the whole image

Originally posted by tacoX+Feb 8 2005, 05:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tacoX &#064; Feb 8 2005, 05:08 PM)</div>
    Thanks much for your first tutorial submission mate&#33; Thats a pretty cool tutorial - I will use that in the future for sure&#33; Is it ok if I submit this to a few sites?
    [snapback]4843[/snapback]
    [/b]
    Yeah, that&#39;d be great.

<!--QuoteBegin-NecroAngel

* well basically you didn&#39;t do anything diferent from the previous tut. But anyway i have to say that you might need to be more specific on how to do the gradient.It troubled me alot to make it small and not to fill the whole image
    Well, you can do it ghetto style and just make a black gradient in the gradient layer with these settings:

Then just hold CTRL and press I to invert it into white.

Wow, I really like that. Well done, good tut.

Wasn&#39;t it ctrl + I for invert?Anwz i&#39;m not sure, i &#39;m just a noob at this <.<

Err...damn your right ROFL. Hmm.. I wasn&#39;t even high when I made that. Maybe I needed the weed .

...er....1 point for the noob i guess.....maybe you should get high before writing your next tut :P